MobileSheets Forums

Full Version: Multiple users in windows 10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
I installed M.S. on a windows 10 tablet. It shows up fine on the menu, and I can use it fine. However, when I sign out, and sign in as another user, M.S. is not on the menu. Why? Can I simply copy the menu from one user to another or what do I need to do to make it visible to other users? Hopefully I don't have to pay for another license and install the product again! 

Thanks.
If you purchased through the Microsoft Store, then your purchase is tied to the email address you used with the Microsoft Store to make that purchase. If you log in as another user, you'd either have to log back into the store using the same email address (which could lead to some issues if the accounts aren't linked), or link the two accounts using the family sharing features: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/archive...our-family)

The installation of MobileSheets is per-user though, and there is no way around that. Each user account has to install the app separately. You can copy the data from one account to the other though after installing. Just copy C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Packages\41730Zubersoft.MobileSheets_ys1c8ct2g6ypr\LocalState in the first account to the directory under the second account.

Mike
Unfortunately, most of the links in the referenced article are no longer available. Probably because it was written in 2015 and Microsoft doesn't keep stuff that long. However, I did find THIS article: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind...ad2599b987 

It outlines the steps in a somewhat simpler fashion, although it does not discuss adding users to the Surface or allowing them to sign in, etc., just the bit about signing in to Windows Store with a different account. 

Thank you. I hope to enjoy using MobileSheets.
Let me know if you aren't able to get the app installed on the second account, and we can discuss other options.

Mike
Hi Mike,
I did get it figured out. Thanks. 
Doug