MobileSheets Forums

Full Version: Custom page orders in setlists with multiple piece files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My setlists comprise of several different multiple piece files. The ordering of the individual pieces change from each concert, so I have to constantly go back and forth between the larger files with bookmarks. I use mostly the same pieces all season, so it is quite bothersome to edit and reorder every singular file in a setlist for one time use. Is there a way I can reorder the individual pages across files or create link points between files?
You can create separate songs in MSP by setting "Pages" in the song editor accordingly. Then you are able to freely create your setlists
This is similar to itsme's suggestion

You can create separate songs as follows:
1 Display a song in the multi-part file
2 Tap the centre of the screen to display icons at top and bottom
3 Tap left bottom most icon and select Create Snippet
4 Change the name and/or the page numbers

Alternatively, you could use  .csv file to create separate songs but this would involve reimporting the file again (you could import it with a slightly different name to test the mechanism)
This works best when the multi song file is not subject to changes (otherwise your annotations are likely to be in the wrong places when you re-import a newer version)
.csv files have a special format - search the forum for examples.
Note: you can only use a .csv file when you import the song i.e. you can't use it to split an existing file.

Having split the single physical file into separate "songs", they can be referenced individually in a setlist.

Geoff