MobileSheets Forums

Full Version: Memorise a-b looping in audio player.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

This is a feature that I would love to see.

The situation is this:
I am in a duo and we use backtracks for a portion of our gigs.
Ok, people are having fun dancing and we would like to make the song longer, 
which we do often, except when using backtracks, because they have a fixed length.

If the MS audio player could memorize A-B sets of looping that could be triggered by a footswitch,
it would be easy to lenghten songs. Just have a preset A-B loop that is synced with the track,
i.e after the solo at 1m22.323sec go back to the previous chorus at 57.434sec, as an example.
Just switch looping off after the song has looped, and voilà, the song has been lenghtened.
It may even be an idea to have several of these sets in a file that one can choose differently in a different situations.

But an easier way to implement a simpler feature I suppose,
could be simply to have MS remember the last A-B setting.
In this caee however, one would have to be careful not to change it by accident.

Sincerely,
Dan
As with your other idea, it's feature creep that disguises the real purpose of MSP.  Besides which, I doubt that Mike could get a seamless loop using the current player.
I am not sure I understand what you mean exactly, but ok.
Dan
I have gotten requests in the past to support multiple A-B loop points. So this is something I will consider supporting in the future. The ability to switch which loop point is active will require UI changes and support for a touch, pedal and MIDI actions. This is lower on the priority list compared to things like song versioning, so it will be a while before I will have the bandwidth to work on this. I do appreciate suggestions for feature requests even if they are not things I will necessarily support, at least in the short term.

Mike
Thanks Mike,

And I agree that this is not a big priority.
I look forward to versioning much more.

The same result can possibly be achieved by using midi commands triggering a second program, such as a DAW.

Sincerely,
Dan