MobileSheets Forums

Full Version: Extract from backup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm not too familiar with MSP companion as I don't use it much.
I have a piece in an old backup that I need to extract but it extracts only the pdf.
Is there a way to extract it with annotations which is what I'm after ...?
Thanks
Unfortunately, I don't currently support an option to extract a song from a backup as a .msf. That's something I'm going to look into adding support for in the future. Unfortunately, the only way to do what you are describing is to restore the backup, then export the song from the library, then restore a backup from your current library and import that .msf.

Mike
(04-19-2022, 06:42 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately, I don't currently support an option to extract a song from a backup as a .msf. That's something I'm going to look into adding support for in the future. Unfortunately, the only way to do what you are describing is to restore the backup, then export the song from the library, then restore a backup from your current library and import that .msf.

Mike

Thanks Mike
(04-19-2022, 06:48 AM)palosanto Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-19-2022, 06:42 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately, I don't currently support an option to extract a song from a backup as a .msf. That's something I'm going to look into adding support for in the future. Unfortunately, the only way to do what you are describing is to restore the backup, then export the song from the library, then restore a backup from your current library and import that .msf.

Mike

Thanks Mike

Hi Mike,
I find myself often wishing that I could extract a song with annotations from a backup with the Companion ...
Any idea when could this be implemented?
Restoring two backups to be able to get the annotations for just one song is not very convenient.
"Switch library" might help. If you restore the backup to a separate library only one restore is required.
Nevertheless making a backup of your active library before is a good idea.
I'm going to be porting the companion app to a multi-platform framework so that I can release it on Mac and Linux. I also want to add translations for it (by using the Windows version translations). When I complete this work, I can try to add some enhancements for extracting songs with annotations from backups, as well as an option to export songs from the backup into a .msf (so it can easily be imported into MobileSheets).

Mike
(03-04-2023, 05:25 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: [ -> ]I'm going to be porting the companion app to a multi-platform framework so that I can release it on Mac and Linux. I also want to add translations for it (by using the Windows version translations). When I complete this work, I can try to add some enhancements for extracting songs with annotations from backups, as well as an option to export songs from the backup into a .msf (so it can easily be imported into MobileSheets).

Mike

Thanks Mike, that sounds ideal
Juan