MobileSheets Forums

Full Version: Fraudulent app and upcoming name change
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It has come to my attention that a fraudulent app has been published on the Microsoft store called “MobileSheets Pro” under a company called “Hardworking Office”. This fake app can be seen here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/mobile...1pkxd0hl51. They are pretending to be MobileSheets for Windows to confuse users who have purchased MobileSheetsPro on Android. I have reported the app to Microsoft and I advise everyone else to do the same so that Microsoft will hopefully take the app down faster. For any users that do purchase this fake app, there is nothing I am able to do to assist with canceling the purchase. It all must be handled through Microsoft, so you will have to contact them directly to request a refund.

To help reduce further confusion, I’m going to be renaming MobileSheetsPro back to just "MobileSheets" to stay consistent with the app name on Windows and iOS (once that that version is released).

Mike

UPDATE:

The app now calls itself "MobSheets Pro" and is still available because Microsoft will not take it down despite all of the complaints.
(04-19-2022, 03:04 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: [ -> ]It has come to my attention that a fraudulent app has been published on the Microsoft store called “MobileSheets Pro” under a company called “Hardworking Office”. This fake app can be seen here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/mobile...1pkxd0hl51. They are pretending to be MobileSheets for Windows to confuse users who have purchased MobileSheetsPro on Android. I have reported the app to Microsoft and I advise everyone else to do the same so that Microsoft will hopefully take the app down faster. For any users that do purchase this fake app, there is nothing I am able to do to assist with canceling the purchase. It all must be handled through Microsoft, so you will have to contact them directly to request a refund.

To help reduce further confusion, I’m going to be renaming MobileSheetsPro back to just "MobileSheets" to stay consistent with the app name on Windows and iOS (once that that version is released).

Mike

Reported to Microsoft.

Jerryghr
Reported
Thanks - I appreciate the help in reporting it. One user has already purchased the wrong version, so I'm hoping Microsoft will refund people their money when that occurs. I really hate not being able to do anything to either take the app down or help with getting people refunds.

Mike
(04-20-2022, 03:53 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks - I appreciate the help in reporting it. One user has already purchased the wrong version, so I'm hoping Microsoft will refund people their money when that occurs. I really hate not being able to do anything to either take the app down or help with getting people refunds.

Mike

I reported it too.
Perhaps copyright or a Trademark could be helpful but if the fraudster is based in China or Russia I don't think it would help either.
(04-20-2022, 03:53 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks - I appreciate the help in reporting it. One user has already purchased the wrong version, so I'm hoping Microsoft will refund people their money when that occurs. I really hate not being able to do anything to either take the app down or help with getting people refunds.

Mike

I also reported it
I wasn't able to report it. I was logged in into my Microsoft account, selected "Report this app to Microsoft", entered complaint text. The "Submit" button was active, but clicking it showed no reaction.

The fraudster seems to be Chinese. Clicking the link "MobileSheets Pro privacy policy" leads to a probably Chinese website, see attached screenshot.
(04-20-2022, 07:56 AM)itsme Wrote: [ -> ]I wasn't able to report it. I was logged in into my Microsoft account, selected "Report this app to Microsoft", entered complaint text. The "Submit" button was active, but clicking it showed no reaction.

The fraudster seems to be Chinese. Clicking the link "MobileSheets Pro privacy policy" leads to a probably Chinese website, see attached screenshot.

You have to select something else instead of "Potential violation", then it works.
Okay I reported them too!  Really they should have to have a different name and not piggyback on your success.
Also reported. I had "Irreführende App" as choice to report.
Reported it as "misleading app"
Thanks tru fpr letting me know what I did wong.
Do we know if they also misuse the code? Or just the name?
Reported. as "Irreführende App" .
They are just using the name - there is no way they have access to the code. From the screenshot shown on their store page, their "app" doesn't have much functionality at all. I think it's just a black window.

Mike
Reported as misleading.
Thanks all - I sure wish Microsoft would take action faster on this...

Mike
Pages: 1 2