MobileSheets Forums

Full Version: Two chopro questions: chords vs notes, Key directive
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I understood from the chordpro site that in chopro files, when inserting the Chord symbols,
if the name was lower case, that it would be treated as a note and not a chord. 
 e.g.: [a] is a note and [A] is a chord.

I have been entering single notes this way in MS, but I just found out that 
the transpose function does not transpose notes and leaves them in the original key.

Is this intentional for some reason or a bug? 
If not either, then I submit it as a feature request.

Secondly, regarding the directive [Key: ], somewhere on this site I saw minor keys written as [Key: C minor].
Would it be possible at some point to include just [key: Cm] as being valid?
I am not sure if this would go against the official chopro directives, since I thought they didn't allow for minor keys at all.

Sincerely,
Dan
This was brought up in a previous thread here: https://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum...p?tid=8265

It turned out not to be a simple adjustment to support lowercase letters, so I have put that off until a later point in time. 

MobileSheets should support {key: Cm}. I actually don't know if I support it written as "C minor" (I'd have to check).

Mike
(05-14-2022, 05:51 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: [ -> ]This was brought up in a previous thread here: https://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum...p?tid=8265

It turned out not to be a simple adjustment to support lowercase letters, so I have put that off until a later point in time. 

MobileSheets should support {key: Cm}. I actually don't know if I support it written as "C minor" (I'd have to check).

Mike

Thanks, Mike. No problem, I don't use single notes that much. 
However, it's nice to know it will be addressed at a later date.

Dan
(05-14-2022, 02:16 AM)madoues Wrote: [ -> ]Secondly, regarding the directive [Key: ], somewhere on this site I saw minor keys written as [Key: C minor].
Would it be possible at some point to include just [key: Cm] as being valid?
I am not sure if this would go against the official chopro directives, since I thought they didn't allow for minor keys at all.

Probably [Key: C Minor] comes from ABC? ChordPro uses {key: Cm} (and has always done so).
For the [Key: ] directive, I tried [C minor] and it worked.
I then tried [Cm] and it didn't work, it just assumed Cmajor.
Finally, I tried [C m} (with a space) and it worked.

So it's only the space that makes the difference.
I'll work around that...

Cheers,
Dan
To test it, I created three new songs and edit their contents to have resp.
{key: Cminor}
{key: Cm}
{key: C m}

The songs have one song line: [A]Hello.

When I open the songs and long-click on the screen, then use the transpose dialog (the quarter note with the arrows), only the song with Cm is understood to have key Cm. All other get key A (inferred from the first chord of the song).
That is not how it behaved with me, so I went back to see.

The first time I load a song with a minor key entered and click on the quarter note, 
it displays the wrong key, i.e. Am displays as A. That is what I was reporting.

BUT, if you cancel out and click the quarter note again, THEN it displays correctly. ??

So the key is displayed incorrectly only the FIRST time you click on the quarter note.

Does this not happen to you, sciurius?

Dan
Ah, I see what you mean. Yes, that happens to me as well so it may be a little bug.

Workflow:

Create new song, edit, insert

{title: Song}
{key: Am}
[Em]Hello, [Am]World!

Save and open as song (e.g. from the recent list)

Click quarternote+arrows, dialog shows key A (F#m).

Cancel, click quarternote+arrows again, dialog shows key C (Am).