MobileSheets Forums

Full Version: MobileSheets & Beatbuddy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi There,

I use Mobile Sheets on my Samsung Tablet to manage my songs in set lists. I also have many songs pre-made by song title organized in Beatbuddy. It is my understanding that I can load a song in Mobile Sheets and have that matching song load in BeatBuddy.
When I load a set list and scroll through songs on Mobile Sheets I would like to look down at my BB and see that same song loaded. I don't want to have to bend over or use the foot pedal to scroll through my songs on BB to find a particular song.

I think this is what I need assistance with:
1. Do I need to use a midi break out cable or can I use the USB-B out from BB to USB-C to the tablet?
2. If someone is using Mobile Sheets can you help me with the command codes and/or send me pics of your midi command codes as written to load a song on the Mobile Sheets midi command section?
3. For future, would a Midi App be easier to do this than writing midi code.

I am brand new to Midi. I am doing all I can to learn myself but I would really appreciate the communities help to jump start this project.

Thanks guys,
Hi Scott,
I have used Mobile sheets to load my songs in BeatBuddy for years. It works flawlessly.

In answer to your questions:
1. Yes you do need the BB breakout cable, no way around that.
2. Attached is a screenshot of the midi command dialog box in MS.
The label can be what ever you wish to call the command
Command String: MSB turn off by unticking the box.
                         LSB is the folder your song is in on BB (Remember the first folder is 0; 2nd one is 1 and so on.
                         Value is the number of that song in the folder. Remembering again that the first song is 0; 2nd one is 1 and so on.
                         You can then test Midi Command to make sure the values are correct, click OK in and then OK in top right corner of screen

It is a bit of chore to set all your songs up, but once in place it is magic.

If you need any more information, let me know.
Cheers, Kevin