MobileSheets Forums

Full Version: Use Presenter for page flip?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

im new here and im interested if it would be possible to use a bluetooth presenter to flip pages.

I plan to mount this device to my brass instrument, where i can flip pages with the left hand, wich i dont need for playing.

If this is possible, i would search for a small presenter device like this:
https://de.hama.com/00053265/hama-x-poin...-presenter
I would prefer a smaller device but with bigger buttons.

Or does anybody have a good idea how this can be done in an other way?
I dont wanna flip pages with the feet and also dont like to attach the device wired. Just a small device with big, simple buttons.
Quite honestly, I don't know. AFAIA, nobody else here has one of these.

I imagine it should work, in essence it's no different from the other BT units that people use on MS. However, the one thing I would query is if (and how) you scroll back, as can't see any use for a device that can't do this.

It's certainly a cheaper option that the other BT devices but, of course, most of us use two hands to play, so a foot operated option is more useful to us.
Thanks for your answer.
So, you think as long as the device sends page up/down, it can be used?
I think, every simple presenter for Powerpoint should support that.

I never used a pedal, so can you please explaine, what you mean with scroll back?
IsnĀ“t that simple a page up?

I have also read, that maybe 4-pedal devices can be supported. Wich functions can be used with the additional pedals?

Sorry, im a total beginner in using this technology.
I"d imagine it would work, as long as it sends page up/down or left/right signals. The bluetooth pedals that are commonly used connect to the devices as external keyboards, sending those functions to the device. As long as this presenter does that, I can't see why it wouldn't work.

Good luck!
Just to clarify, when I said scroll back, I did mean page back (or up, if you prefer - I tend to think of pages as a book, forward and back).

As we are the moment, I believe that only two pedal control is actually available. Several of us have three or four pedal devices and there have been suggestions as to what the unused pedals might be used to control. Best guess is that additional pedal control functions will be introduced at the next major release, but only Mike knows what is fact.
You could also consider either Digit or Digit II (from Airturn.com).
Digit is a 6 button device for either hands (or feet with the optional four foot pedals attached). Or Digit II which is smaller (can attach to a keyring) which is only for handheld use and has 5 buttons.

I have just tested Digit with MS so thought I would report it here.
It has four buttons, up, down, left and right (plus the two additional buttons). With MS the up and down arrow functions are duplicated by the left and right.
MS could also support all of them perhaps.

One slight problem I had was my tablet sleeping (I presume I was outside MS at the time, as I usually have it set to prevent sleeping.) I have a passcode on it to wake and as it thought a bluetooth keyboard was connected to it, it did not present the virtual keyboard as usual, but just a field window for me to type in my code. I had to turn off Digit (my tablet detected it was no longer on) and then the screen's number pad appeared (relief!) On the BT-105 you can usually press the red on/off button to have it act as a temporary 'off' so the keyboard usually appears, but for some reason Digit did not do this. (This normally is used when you need the complete (virtual) keyboard for typing annotations, search etc.) You can also activate the virtual keyboard when using the tablet (this has been reported in another thread at this forum*) but since I was not logged in, this was not possible to get to the button.

Probably the best way for the mappings to be implemented would be to list (up to) the 6 buttons and pedals, each with a list of behaviors we need for various wireless functions so we can program the controls in whatever way we need.

* http://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum/...hp?tid=487