MobileSheets Forums

Full Version: Misspellings and other corrections
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

if we find some misspelling or any other mistakes, write them down here.

After a change via MobileSheets Companion the android app writes
wrong: aktualiert
correct: aktualisiert

Settings --> Display Settings --> Repeat Mode
correct:
Wenn diese Option aktiviert ist, springt die Anzeige zum Beginn eines Songs oder einer Setlist, wenn ein Benutzer die letzte Seite erreicht. Wenn der Benutzer von der ersten Seite des aktuellen Songs rückwärts geht, springt die Anzeige zum Ende des vorhergehenden Songs.

Pedal-Settings --> Enable USB-Mouse Processing
correct:
Bestimmt, ob USB Mausklicks zum umblättern der der Seiten verwendet werden.

Swap Mouse Click action
correct:
Wechselt die Belegung der Maustasten, so dass ein Klick mit der linken Maustaste eine Seite zurückblättert und ein Klick mit der rechten Maustaste eine Seite nach vorne blättert.
Thank you for taking the time to report those! I really appreciate getting help with the translations. Your fixes will be included with the update I'm about to push out.

Mike
Activating the performance mode:
wrong: Auftritts-Modus Aktive
correct: Auftritts-Modus ein

Deactivating the performance mode:
wrong: Auftritts-Modus Untätig
correct: Auftritts-Modus aus

Settings --> Advanced --> Store Database on SD Card
wrong: Store-Datenbank auf SD-Karte
correct: Datenbank auf der SD-Karte ablegen
description:
Ändert den Speicherort der Datenbank auf die SD-Karte. Dies ermöglicht den einfachen Zugriff auf die Datei, ist aber riskant, weil die SD-Karte gesperrt werden kann, was den Zugriff auf die Datenbank verhindert. Backups der Datenbank werden weiterhin im internen Speicher gehalten.

Settings --> Advanced --> Import Database
description:
Ermöglicht es, eine Datenbank-Datei zu importieren. Achtung, dies ersetzt alle Metadaten und Songs in Ihrer Mediathek.

Settings --> Advanced --> Export Database
wrong: Erstellen Kopie der Datenbank
correct: Datenbank exportieren
description:
Diese Option exportiert die Datenbank-Datei an einen von Ihnen festgelegten Speicherort. Bilder und PDF werden nicht mit gesichert.

Settings --> Advanced --> Keep Screen On
wrong: Halten Bildschirm auf
correct: Bildschirm nicht ausschalten
description:
Verhindert das ausschalten des Bildschirms aufgrund von Inaktiviät. Bei Problemen mit Aussetzern der Bluetooth-Pedale bitte die Option "Immer" wählen.

popup:
wrong: Während Anzeigen Songs
correct: Wärhend der Anzeige von Songs
Settings --> Advanced --> Clear Bibliothek
wrong: Klare Bibliothek
correct: Bibliothek löschen
description:
Löscht die gesamte Bibliothek und optional die Song-Dateien.
In the popup the headline is not translated.
Maybe you could correct the following:

Settings --> Library Display Settings --> Center Pages
wrong: Bilsdschirm
correct: Bildschirm

Settings --> Library Display Settings --> Center Pages
Popup is correct, but the "current setting" is displayed in english, for example as "Top".

Settings --> Library Display Settings --> Text Alignment
Popup is correct, but the "current setting" is displayed in english, for example as "Left".
I have a fix in place for that now - thanks for letting me know.
some more:
Settings > Text File Settings
wrong: "Anzeigeanwesungen ausführen", the 'i' is missing.
correct: "Anzeigeanweisungen ausführen"
The title is wrong, it's correct in the text.

Collections > New
Currently: "Neuen Sammlung Namen eingeben"
Better: "Name für neue Sammlung eingeben"

Switching the UI language to German does not work any more in 1.7.6
Switching to e.g. French is OK, switching to "System Default" (which is German in my case) works.
It was working before, I switched between English and German all the time.
As "System Default" is working it's not a big problem.
Thanks for the fast fixes.
(03-11-2017, 08:13 AM)itsme Wrote: [ -> ]Better: "Name für neue Sammlung eingeben

To be entirely correct (and at my nitpicking best) it should be 

Namen für neue  Sammlung eingeben

or

Name für neue Sammlung

should be sufficient, too. I like it better since it's shorter.
"Name für neue Sammlung" is excellent. Thanks for the proposal.
It's a common problem with translations: most texts in almost any other language are longer than the English original
I've changed it to "Name für neue %1$s", where that last part is going to be replaced by the type of group (Collection, Artist, Album, Genre, etc). If that's not going to work, because it doesn't make sense with every substitution, let me know and I'll switch it to whatever you guys think is best.

As for the error with switching languages, I can't seem to reproduce it. What happens if you pick German? Does it use a different language like English? or does nothing happen and it doesn't switch the active language? When I pick German, it correctly switches everything over, but maybe that's because my system default is English. If that's the case, I would think picking German and then picking English wouldn't work, but it also works for me.

Thanks,
Mike
Switching languages:
Switching to German changes nothing, the active language is unchanged. When I change the language, the settings window is shown in the newly selected language as soon as the language selection dialog is closed. This is also the new UI language when I close the settings window. It works correctly for other languages (I tried English, French and Spanish) but not for German, see screenshot.
It works fine in the Win10 version, only Android is affected. I can reproduce the issue both on my tablet as on my phone.
New group name:
"Name für neue %1$s" will not work
You will be fooled by German grammar (the tab titles are plural, "Name für ..." should use singular and the grammatical gender has to be considered).
Correct would be
"Name für neue Sammlung" (die Sammlung, feminin)
"Name für neue Setliste"
"Name für neuen Quell-Typ" (der Quell-Typ, masculin)
"Name für neues Album" (das Album, neuter)
You could tweak it with having strings like "s Album". I doubt that it is worth the effort and how that needs to be handled in other languages.
"%1$s - neuer Name"
"%1$s - Name eingeben"
"%1$s - neuen Namen eingeben"
would work, not as elegant, but correct.
Replacing %1$s with both "Sammlungen", plural as on the tab title or "Sammlung", singular, would be correct
I would prefer e.g. "Sammlungen - neuen Namen eingeben", there's room enough for a long text.
@BRX: what do you think?
Quell-Typ:
It is "Quell-Typ" in the "new group" dialog that we are talking about in this thread. It is "Typen" (plural) on the tab title, "Typ" (singular) on the filter bar, "QUELLEN" on the button in the "song title format" setting dialog.
Please use "Typ" / "Typen" everywhere.
I guess the best alternative (which you haven't listed so far) would be

Neuer Name für “%1$s

It avoids the grammatical problems, is quite short and can be used for other groups as well.

Technically it could describe a simple rename as well. But in the context of the menu there would be no confusion.
A good proposal, I agree. Thank you Brix.
Pages: 1 2