MobileSheets Forums

Full Version: How do I reverse a snipping tool action?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello there, 

I wonder if anyone can help with reversing a snipping tool action.

For a performance I altered a pdf with the snipping tool. I cut a chunk of music and pasted it elsewhere on the page. Now that the performance is over I would like to undo that action, reverting the page to it's previous look.

Unfortunately, I can't find how to do that. The undo button is greyed out since I completed the action and moved on to other annotations. Using the eraser doesn't work as the snipped chunk does not disappear. A long press with the pen yields nothing?

How can I erase this snipped chunk?

Any help greatly appreciated.
Just select the sniplet you copied with the select Tool (arrow) in annotation Mode and delete it.
(04-18-2023, 11:53 PM)McAroni Wrote: [ -> ]Just select the sniplet you copied with the select Tool (arrow) in annotation Mode and delete it.

Thank you for the reply, but that did not work. I cannot select the sniplet. It seems to be embedded in the pdf now. Even Clear All did not get rid of it.
Ok. Then you have to check one setting in the annotations settings: bring up the annotations window click the gear Icon and click on ""Allow editing of embedded PDF annotations" and try it again. See manual at page 130
(04-19-2023, 12:53 AM)McAroni Wrote: [ -> ]Ok. Then you have to check one setting in the annotations settings: bring up the annotations window click the gear Icon and click on ""Allow editing of embedded PDF annotations" and try it again. See manual at page 130

Thank you, thank you, thank you! 
That did it! Sniplet now deleted. 
Thank you so much for your help!
I would recommend turning that setting off after you are done editing the PDF. It causes the PDF to be reloaded every time you enter and exit the annotations editor. This isn't a big deal if your PDF loads quickly, but can be tedious if it loads slowly.

Mike
(04-19-2023, 05:29 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: [ -> ]I would recommend turning that setting off after you are done editing the PDF. It causes the PDF to be reloaded every time you enter and exit the annotations editor. This isn't a big deal if your PDF loads quickly, but can be tedious if it loads slowly.

Mike

Already done, Mike. Also, other snippets that I wanted to keep got highlighted each time I re-entered the annotations editor.

Thank you.