Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 15,816
» Latest member: joshlemer
» Forum threads: 6,699
» Forum posts: 38,750

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Huge mistake attempting t...
Forum: MobileSheets (Android)
7 hours ago
» Replies: 7   » Views: 135
Mobilesheets constant cra...
Forum: MobileSheets (Windows)
Yesterday, 06:46 PM
» Replies: 4   » Views: 123
ability to review device ...
Forum: Feature Requests and Ideas
Yesterday, 03:58 PM
» Replies: 1   » Views: 58
Setlists - sort by recent...
Forum: Feature Requests and Ideas
Yesterday, 01:26 PM
» Replies: 5   » Views: 180
Losing saved filters (rel...
Yesterday, 10:18 AM
» Replies: 5   » Views: 161
Midi Startup
Yesterday, 09:36 AM
» Replies: 1   » Views: 54
Android 10
Yesterday, 03:43 AM
» Replies: 1   » Views: 73
Any idea?
Yesterday, 03:41 AM
» Replies: 1   » Views: 59
Bug report? Arrow head o...
Yesterday, 03:32 AM
» Replies: 26   » Views: 1,562
Is this as expected?
Yesterday, 12:24 AM
» Replies: 1   » Views: 74

Genres assignment
Posted by: Fede92 - 06-22-2020, 04:14 AM - Forum: MobileSheets (Android) Discussion - Replies (2)

Hi there! I just bought MS and I'm amazed at all the incredible things this app can do. Still getting used to it and it's a long process I guess. Yesterday I figured out reading the manual how to break large PDF's and found the solution on the creating snippets option. Now what I want to do is assign a genre on the new songs that I created. How can I do this?

Thanks in advance!  Big Grin

Incorrect message in Annotation Editor
Posted by: Geoff Bacon - 06-19-2020, 12:27 AM - Forum: MobileSheets (Android) - Replies (2)

Hi Mike

Just a very minor point which is probably going to disappear anyway with your redesign.

Basically, when the text dialogue displayed, pressing "back one character" when already at the start of the text box produces a "Start of Setlist"  indication/warning.

Cheers
Geoff

Installing e-Ink version of MSPro on Onyx Note 2
Posted by: bazza - 06-17-2020, 07:06 AM - Forum: MobileSheets (Android) Discussion - Replies (10)

This follows a previous thread about alternative tablets that are readable in bright sunlight. I've bought an Onyx Boox Note 2 e-reader for the purpose and also bought the MSPro e-ink app, but can't see how to install and run it (though the standard MSPro seems to work on the tablet). I know this is a very basic problem to anyone who knows about these things, but I'd be grateful if someone could provide an idiot's guide to setting this up on the Onyx Note 2.

Pop when triggering audui
Posted by: Steve P - 06-16-2020, 01:25 AM - Forum: MobileSheets (Android) - Replies (2)

Hi  i am new to this.  When i trigger my audio backing tracks i get a loud pop in my amp. Then the track plays normally.  Any idea to correct this.  I am pretty sure the issue is not the software but what?

SD Card on Chromebook
Posted by: armin - 06-15-2020, 01:32 AM - Forum: MobileSheets (Android) - Replies (4)

Hi,

I am trying to use the SD Card as storage device for Mobilesheets on an HP Chromebook x360.

I am not getting past the message with screenshots how to enable SD access. I think I have given MSP access in the ChromeOS settings but it seems not to work.

Searching this forum brings up somewhat conflicting information whether storage on SD card on Chromebook is supported or not.

Anyone knows if this works and how to enable it?

Thanks,
Armin

what Music app or player for Android phone?
Posted by: faeriegrove - 06-14-2020, 08:00 AM - Forum: MobileSheets (Android) - Replies (12)

Looking for recommendations for which (if any) music app or music player you use on your Android phone/tablet.   specifically, one that works with MSP, to upload audio files.  I have Spotify, (but don't think it's possible to add those tunes to MSP? )

I recently put MSP on my phone and now want to add my mp3's to my phone.

I've had my CD collection on iTunes for years and now that is defunct.  I used iSyncr to sync from PC to tablet (Rocket Player app), but it was glitchy, so I'm looking for an easier/better solution. 

I've looked around on the internet, but I'm not very techy, hoping I could find some help here.

Thanks!

Wink Scroll through pages as if it is one page
Posted by: Johan Jonker - 06-07-2020, 08:55 PM - Forum: MobileSheets (Android) - Replies (5)

Hello I am new to Mobile Sheets

I like to know if it is possible to scroll and not jump to the next page as if all pages are in fact one long vertical page.

What I found out now is that when I scroll to the end of the page and hit the footswitch. The screen jumps to page 2.
The end of page 1 is gone. So when I tap the swithc too early. I have a problem.
When I tap the switch to scroll back, it jumps to the beginning of page 1, not to the end.
I fact I would really like to scroll to the next page and see the end of page 1 in the top and the start of page 2 on my screen together.

I tried to merge 4 pdf pages to 1 vertical page using this: http://www.pdfdu.com/pdf-pages-merge.aspx 
But Mobile sheets seems to crash when I use that.

Reading msb pages in bright sunlight
Posted by: bazza - 06-01-2020, 09:52 PM - Forum: MobileSheets (Android) Discussion - Replies (18)

I have Mobile Sheets files loaded on an Acer (Android) tablet, which is very difficult or impossible to read clearly in sunlight.  Tablets like Kindle with a 'paper' surface don't have the same problem with glare.  Is there a tablet with such a surface that would be suitable for .msb files?

User Manual question
Posted by: voet - 05-27-2020, 01:53 AM - Forum: MobileSheets (Android) Discussion - Replies (1)

I recently upgraded from the free version to the E-Ink pro version.  In the free version I was able to view the user manual through MobileSheets, now I get a message saying there the manual is not cached, so I have to turn on WiFi to get it.  Is there a way to have the user manual saved in the app?  I have a PDF version on my desktop, and thought about importing it, however it wants to save it with my songs.

MSP for string quartet/small ensembles
Posted by: Oz Cello - 05-26-2020, 01:37 AM - Forum: MobileSheets (Android) Discussion - Replies (29)

I've read through the manual and had a play around with the freeware - this app looks incredible. Props to Mike.

I've ordered an Onyx Boox Max 3 and will put the eInk version of MSP on that when it arrives. Planning to try it out with some piano music to start with and if it's not too glitchy then the main goal would be to set it up for use playing in string quartets at weddings and then move all our repertoire from paper to tablets. It sounds like the master/slave set up will be ideal for that - I could create a set list for each wedding beforehand and then share it to the other players. I imagine the versioning update Mike has mentioned could work well for situations like this - a group all playing the same piece but playing different parts and sharing set lists. Until that is up and running I just wanted to see if anyone else is using it this way and could give me some pointers.

1. Is there any advice for setting up the library and sharing songs and set lists between tablets that will be playing different parts for the same piece? I was thinking about having each part for each piece as a separate song with the same title but the instrument in the custom field
2. Is it better to use wifi or bluetooth for connecting the tablets?
3. Is it possible to connect a bluetooth pedal while also connecting to other tablets using bluetooth/wifi?
4. Is there a benefit to having the piano parts in a separate library to the quartet parts or should I just have them as different collections?
5. I was thinking that eInk might work best for wedding gigging - low power usage, easy reading outdoors etc. Happy to hear what others think.

Many thanks to anyone who can help, and to Mike. I've been hoping for an app like this for a while now

Theme © 2014 iAndrew