Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 15,812
» Latest member: WalterUneve
» Forum threads: 6,699
» Forum posts: 38,750

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Huge mistake attempting t...
Forum: MobileSheets (Android)
4 hours ago
» Replies: 7   » Views: 127
Mobilesheets constant cra...
Forum: MobileSheets (Windows)
Yesterday, 06:46 PM
» Replies: 4   » Views: 122
ability to review device ...
Forum: Feature Requests and Ideas
Yesterday, 03:58 PM
» Replies: 1   » Views: 55
Setlists - sort by recent...
Forum: Feature Requests and Ideas
Yesterday, 01:26 PM
» Replies: 5   » Views: 179
Losing saved filters (rel...
Yesterday, 10:18 AM
» Replies: 5   » Views: 160
Midi Startup
Yesterday, 09:36 AM
» Replies: 1   » Views: 54
Android 10
Yesterday, 03:43 AM
» Replies: 1   » Views: 71
Any idea?
Yesterday, 03:41 AM
» Replies: 1   » Views: 59
Bug report? Arrow head o...
Yesterday, 03:32 AM
» Replies: 26   » Views: 1,560
Is this as expected?
Yesterday, 12:24 AM
» Replies: 1   » Views: 68

Having a problem restoring a back up to a 2nd Android Tablet
Posted by: stephenm52 - 07-24-2019, 01:03 AM - Forum: MobileSheets (Android) - Replies (2)

I backed up my Pro12 Android tablet to Google drive.  I’m now trying to download the .msb file to another Pro12 tablet I use as a back up.  I’m getting a message indicating the file is unrecognized. I have an SD card in the primary Pro12 but do not have an SD card in my second Pro12.     I also know from check the manual that it tells us:

If you are restoring the backup file on a different tablet, this option is not

recommended, as the SD card may have a different folder structure.

What is the best practice for copying/restoring to the 2nd Pro12?   Do I also need to use a microSD card in the 2nd unit?

Best cloud storage for sharing files among band
Posted by: semmelbroesel - 07-20-2019, 06:45 AM - Forum: MobileSheets (Android) - Replies (4)

Hi.

I've been using Dropbox for a while to share my files and set lists with my band members, but now Dropbox doesn't like more than 3 devices anymore.

I am guessing if I were to use Google Drive, every tablet would need to be setup with my Google account on a tablet level (instead of just MSP) in order to access the drive (please correct me if I'm wrong).

One possible solution might be adding support for a Shared Folder (share by link) from either Dropbox or Google Drive - I'd rather everyone has read-only access than no access at all. Not sure how hard that would be to implement, though.

It would be nice if one of my band members could also write, but I guess you can't have it all...

Is there any alternative that could be used? If it requires installing an extra plugin or app, I'd be OK with that.
Heck, is there a Google Drive sync client that does not require the entire device to be logged into the account?

There is an option to pick "External/Cloud", but I don't know how it works or what it does.

Oh, and OneDrive doesn't count (at least in my book) :-)

Thoughts, ideas?

Thanks!

Image in chopro-file
Posted by: WeSa33 - 07-18-2019, 09:52 PM - Forum: MobileSheets (Android) - Replies (2)

Hi all,
is it possible to include an image in a cho-file like this:

{t: Title}
{st: Artist}
{image: src=filename.jpg}

Thaks
Werner

Numbering of a collection
Posted by: mkiedels - 07-14-2019, 02:58 AM - Forum: MobileSheets (Android) - Replies (1)

Hello,
is it possible so sort a collection bei a number. I have collections for my choir and my band. Both habe numbers for the sheets. How can I use the numbers to sort the collection?

Thanks
Michael

Use of SD Card
Posted by: jeffn1 - 07-12-2019, 03:40 PM - Forum: MobileSheets (Android) Discussion - Replies (4)

I have avoided using an SD card due to complications I have read about.

At some point, I will have to choose between paying a lot more for a tablet with 32 GB or more memory or using an SD card.

Are most use using an SD card to store MS data?  In most cases does it work fine?

Or are most user using the table's storage?  Is that a better/more foolproof/safer route to go?

Thanks for any input.

Jeff

Smile MSP 2.6.8 E-ink: Handwritten notes auto-smooth, despite it being disabled (Max2 Pro)
Posted by: xtingu - 07-12-2019, 06:30 AM - Forum: MobileSheets (Android) - Replies (5)

Hi, all! 

I'm using MSP 2.6.8 for E-ink on an Onyx Boox Max2 Pro 13.3.

I've noticed that when I add some handwritten notes with the stylus to a pdf, it looks great... However, any click I make next (whether saving the changes, turning the page which also saves it, or even switching to the highlighter, for example), the handwriting  auto-smooths and looks awful. 

In the Pen Settings, I have auto-smooth disabled. 

I've calibrated the pen using the OS, I'm using the stock stylus, and I don't have any other applications installed except a tuner. 

Here's a video of it happening (sorry for the background noise, my boyfriend is getting a tattoo right now): 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/f2sLB6zUpB52WsMy5

Potentially helpful info: 

Details: Android version 6.0.1
Max2Pro software version: 2019-06-13_08-04_2.1.2_23f6dab

(And THANK YOU for making MSP for e-ink devices! This device + MSP is a match made in heaven.)

MSP Backup Fails
Posted by: dallaskruse - 07-11-2019, 07:24 AM - Forum: MobileSheets (Android) - Replies (4)

I'm attempting to switch my library to another tablet bc this tablet's screen cracked.

I'm trying to upload my database to my DropBox.

It takes about an hour and when it finally reaches 100%, I get an error

The Backup has filed to complete due to the following:

Failed to upload /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.zubersoft.mobilesheetspro/cache/MobileSheetsPro_2019-07-10.msb to Dropbox

I'm on the current version of MSP.

My android tablet is on Android 5.

How can I move this library to another tablet if the backup via DropBox is failing?

Possible to sort setlist by Key?
Posted by: Maris - 07-11-2019, 02:46 AM - Forum: MobileSheets (Android) - Replies (2)

I don't see any way to choose "Key" as a column in a setlist view. The sort menu doesn't list "Key" as an option, and adding more than one Key to the Search option doesn't group them by Key.

I ask because as my various setlists grow, I have to flip levers constantly on my harp as I move from song to song, and it would be so much easier to have the possibility to view a larger setlist grouped by key, rather than multiple smaller ones just to get this result.

It is more than possible I have overlooked some setting or other that already gives this option, but I have spent some time today going through the manual and the forum, but not finding it.

I have both the Android version and Windows version, so any suggestions will be appreciated.

Exporting the Titles Only (as a text file?)
Posted by: punkypangolin - 07-08-2019, 08:28 AM - Forum: MobileSheets (Android) - Replies (2)

Hi! I think I'm just missing something, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to export a list of song titles (from a collection, setlist, whatever). As a plain text file, for instance.

There are a few other discussions about this. One mentions the companion app, which I can't do as I only have MacBooks and Chromebooks (no Windows). Others (like this one) mention a "Generate Song List" action. That sounds like what I might want, but I'm not seeing it at all. Android on a Chromebook. How can I find this option?

LOVE the app, but others I play with use plain paper or other apps, so I'm trying to get an easy text-based setlist I can quickly export/share that's platform independent. Thanks!

msb file: companion ok, error on tablet
Posted by: rotbaer - 07-08-2019, 06:53 AM - Forum: MobileSheets (Android) - Replies (3)

Hi - first of all thanks for MSP, I have been using it since 2014 with great pleasure!

I recently had to reset my Galaxy Note 10.1 and reload from an msp file. Unfortunately, while an update from a 2017 msp-file works perfectly, the most recent one from last month gives  error messages of missing external files (Dropbox?). However, I can read that backup in MSP companion and extract all data from it.

Any chance I could get that recent backup to work again? There are many annotations in there...

Cheers
Urs

Theme © 2014 iAndrew