Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 16,613
» Latest member: announromax
» Forum threads: 6,750
» Forum posts: 39,054

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Replacing existing files ...
Forum: MobileSheets (Windows)
Less than 1 minute ago
» Replies: 1   » Views: 2
Removing songs after csv ...
Forum: MobileSheets (Android) Discussion
3 hours ago
» Replies: 7   » Views: 83
Transpose in File edit no...
Forum: MobileSheets (Android)
Yesterday, 05:55 AM
» Replies: 8   » Views: 266
TikTok Remote Ring as Pag...
Forum: Tips & Tricks, and Guides
Yesterday, 02:23 AM
» Replies: 13   » Views: 3,547
Set default instrument fo...
Forum: Feature Requests and Ideas
Yesterday, 01:24 AM
» Replies: 0   » Views: 54
Minor UI glitch
04-22-2024, 03:32 PM
» Replies: 4   » Views: 165
Version 3.8.32 Released (...
Forum: News
04-22-2024, 02:54 PM
» Replies: 6   » Views: 639
3.8.37 annotations disapp...
04-22-2024, 02:53 PM
» Replies: 16   » Views: 1,001
Page turner for organ
Forum: Tips & Tricks, and Guides
04-22-2024, 02:30 PM
» Replies: 7   » Views: 764
Copy and paste a group of...
Forum: MobileSheets (Android)
04-22-2024, 06:29 AM
» Replies: 5   » Views: 4,957

Modification date changes without me changing the song
Posted by: Rey_a - 08-06-2018, 06:05 PM - Forum: MobileSheets (Android) - Replies (2)

Hi,

I just recently installed MSP 2.3.2.

It would seem that in this version, the songs 'last modification date' gets updated without me changing anything on the song. Just displaying the song seems to trigger the modification to the date.
i noticed this because in the songs tab, I use 'order by last change date'.

It does not seem to happen on every song I display though ???

Thanks

Rudy

Sync to folder fails on missing files
Posted by: sciurius - 08-06-2018, 04:13 PM - Forum: MobileSheets (Android) - Replies (1)

A library with 2 songs, both with a missing file, is synched to a drive folder.
A device that also has these songs, but with files, synchs to this drive folder, updating device.
The synch crashes when MSPro tries to compare the file to the missing one:

Code:
java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke interface method 'java.lang.String group.pals.android.lib.ui.filechooser.a.c.getName()' on a null object reference
       at com.zubersoft.mobilesheetspro.synclibrary.ap.b(FolderMerger.java:115)
       at com.zubersoft.mobilesheetspro.synclibrary.ap.a(FolderMerger.java:881)
       at com.zubersoft.mobilesheetspro.synclibrary.ap.a(FolderMerger.java:552)
       at com.zubersoft.mobilesheetspro.synclibrary.ba.a(LibraryMerger.java:563)
       at com.zubersoft.mobilesheetspro.synclibrary.ba.w(LibraryMerger.java:331)
       at com.zubersoft.mobilesheetspro.synclibrary.ap.a(FolderMerger.java:1628)
       at com.zubersoft.mobilesheetspro.synclibrary.SyncToFolderActivity.q(SyncToFolderActivity.java:397)
       at com.zubersoft.mobilesheetspro.synclibrary.SyncToFolderActivity$a.a(SyncToFolderActivity.java:369)
       at com.zubersoft.mobilesheetspro.synclibrary.SyncToFolderActivity$a.doInBackground(SyncToFolderActivity.java:343)
       at android.os.AsyncTask$2.call(AsyncTask.java:333)
       at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
       at android.os.AsyncTask$SerialExecutor$1.run(AsyncTask.java:245)
       at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1162)
       at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:636)
       at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:764)

It is understandable, but also avoidable Smile .

Stored filter settings lost during update?
Posted by: itsme - 08-05-2018, 08:29 PM - Forum: MobileSheets (Android) - Replies (6)

I had stored filter settings in MSP 2.1.9. I skipped a number of versions and updated my Android tablet directly to V2.3.2. It seems that the stored filters have disappeared. Can I get them back?

Search Dropbox sub-folders during import
Posted by: latingate - 08-05-2018, 07:02 PM - Forum: MobileSheets (Android) - Replies (3)

When I want to import files from dropbox, the search option is only preformed in the current dropbox folder.
Is it possible to preform the search for the current folder AND all its sub folders?

Metronome Autostart
Posted by: Geoff Bacon - 08-04-2018, 08:27 PM - Forum: MobileSheets (Android) - Replies (5)

I've decided that I want to always start the metronome when I display the page (just spent about 4 hours entering the tempos for each song)

While I can set auto start on a individual song, the "Apply to all songs in the setlist" button doesn't enable it on the other songs (like the manual says it should)

Quote:p87 - settings

Apply to all songs in setlist – Applies the auto-start, count-in, # of beats to count, and auto-turn pages settings to all songs in the current setlist. 

I see this auto starting was originally discussed around 2012 so I'm sure it should be there by now

Any ideas what I am doing wrong? (I don't want to manually go through each song changing the settings).

Geoff
Note: Still on version 2.1.9

More backup/restore problems
Posted by: sciurius - 08-04-2018, 07:51 AM - Forum: MobileSheets (Android) - Replies (8)

On tablet, all files are not managed by MSPro. Storage location is SDcard.
All files reside under the Android/data/com.zubersoft.mobilesheetspro/files folder.
I make a backup to Google Drive.

On phone, all files are not managed by MSPro. Storage location is SDcard.
I restore the backup from Google Drive, to original locations.
Upon completion there is a message that some files could not be written due to file permissions or path mismatches.
I perform a Settings > Check missing files.
It reports 3 missing files. (The other 2 missing files are zero size and not copied)

The 3 missing files, 2 of which are visible in the screenshot (top entries), refer to storage location C443-17EE which is the storage location of the tablet. However:
- these files are not on the tablet (although they once were)
- they are not in the database on the tablet
- they are not in the backup file

When the backup file is restored on the phone, everything is wiped, isn't it?
- these files are not on the phone (although they once were)
- these files are not in the database on the phone
Where does the 'missing' information come from?

I stop MSPro and restart it, and again perform a missing file check. There are now 6 files missing. Huh? The 3 missing files above are disappeared.

Could it be that the database wipe is not sufficiently dealt with, or that parts survive in a cache?

Among the missing files is Partituren/Afasiekoor/10_Sinterklaas.cho. Sounds familiar? That's right, this is song with id 10, but I thought the stripping of the numeric prefix was fixed in 2.3.0?

Then I decided to uninstall MSPro, verified there were no leftover files, and reinstalled from Google Play.
I set it to not manage the files, storage location on SDcard, expose database.
I restored the backup again.
Everything went flawlessly. Checked for missing files: nothing is missing. All songs are shown in the overviews (songs, collections, ...)
Close MSPro and restart, checked again: all song files are missing.
In /storage/XXX-XXX/Android/data/com.zubersoft/mobilesheetspro/files is only mobilesheets.db. No song files.

Tried again: same.
When it said no files are missing, I tried to actually view a song and got the message that the file was missing. Checked again: all song files missing.
Tried again: same.
Tried again: now all files are really restored.
Tried again: now all files are really restored.

There is something wrong here, and I'm not sure it is MSPro...

Metronome color "accent first beat"
Posted by: Geoff Bacon - 08-03-2018, 07:17 PM - Forum: MobileSheets (Android) - Replies (2)

Hi Mike

According to the documentation (p88/89), the example says that when "Accent First Beat" is set, the first LED should be Orange and the others should be Blue.

I just get blue ones! (I'm using visual only)

Cheers

Geoff

Sync doesn't update
Posted by: sciurius - 08-01-2018, 09:19 PM - Forum: MobileSheets (Android) - Replies (8)

I have synched my library to a cloud (Drive) folder.
I've made some updates on the tablet.
I perform a library sync: Update server, all options checked, query user.

For the locally updated files, I get the mine/theirs dialog, and I choose "Mine".

When the synch finishes, the database is updated on the Drive folder, but no song files are transported. The hashcodes file is also untouched. Not surprisingly, a subsequent run of the library sync asks for the same files to be updated (and doesn't update them).

Analysis: There are 4 .cho files and 8 .pdf files involved.

The offending .pdf files are in the cloud folder with size zero (I don't know why, but that shouldn't matter), which is also reflected in the hashcodes files.
The mine/theirs dialog shows mine with the real size, and theirs with zero size. Even though I choose "mine" nothing happens -- no file is uploaded and its entry in the database and the hascodes files is not modified.

For the .cho files, the existing entry in the Files table is removed, and a new entry is made with exactly the same contents. So the only thing that actually changes in the (uploaded) database is the Id in the Files table.

HTH

Library sync on small screen
Posted by: AndyL - 07-31-2018, 07:07 PM - Forum: MobileSheets (Android) - Replies (1)

I've just noticed that the new library sync page doesn't work well with a small screen. On my phone the text on several options is truncated and the status window isn't really readable. If I switch to landscape the start button drops off the bottom and I can't scroll down to get to it  See attached images. Not a major issue, but should probably be tidied up some time. 

Regards 

Andy

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

How name other custom field?
Posted by: BobbyH - 07-31-2018, 08:40 AM - Forum: MobileSheets (Android) - Replies (14)

Now that I'm getting deeper into MS, I configured through the Companian/Desktop program to show the two optional "custom" (custom1 and custom) fields, and called one "hard" (as in, how hard or soft is the track). I didn't find a way to edit the name of the other. 

On the tablet, I now have a field called "hard," but the other is still called "custom" and I don't see a way to edit its name there, either. 

Is there a way to name the other custom field?

Now that I have created "hard" I see in the Companion/Desktop app that there is a new custom field called "Custom 2"

Theme © 2014 iAndrew