• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
print annotations with set list
If there is a way to print annotations associated with a set list, I don't know what it is. 
If there is no way, it would be nice to have one. 
Members of the band who use paper sheet music would have all the same info that tablet users have.

The format could be something like this:

<Title of tune>
       <Annotation>
<Title of tune>
       <Annotation>

. . .

or

***<Title of tune>
<Annotation>
***<Title of tune>
<Annotation>
. . .
When you say print annotations, do you mean you want to print out the PDFs using a printer, or are you talking more about notes associated with a setlist? If you just want to print out the PDFs, you can long press the setlist on the setlists tab, tap the three dots at the top right and tap "Print". This will print out every song with the annotations included. You can also print out individual songs by long pressing them and using the same option. If you are looking to generate a list of the notes associated with songs in a setlist, I don't currently supporting printing or exporting those.

Mike
By "print set list" I mean output the list of song titles. The output would be a PDF or paper from the printer (the normal options associated with other output tasks.) The sheet music printout that already exists would be a separate capability. 

Most times in my world the players already have their own sheet music printed from PDFs distributed long before the gig. They have their own pencil markings on the sheets by that time, so they don't need a printout of the sheet music en masse. Most often the songs for the gig have been developed over a long period, played on other gigs, etc. 

The annotations usually pertain to who solos in which chorus, brief description of intro and outro (e.g. "last 4 bars in", "repeat last 4 bars out"), and the like. Those annotations are specific to a particular gig. The sheet music remains unchanged between gigs. Endings may be done one way in one gig, another way in a different gig.
I also need the feature to "print setlist with annotations", only the list of titles with the annotations. Annotations are in my case the words for the moderator to speak to the audition concerning the music pieces.
"Print setlist without annotations" I would need for the musicians (they have paper sheets), only the list of titles without the annotations.
I do not need a function "Print setlist" which prints out all the note sheets of a list.
If you long press the setlist, tap the three dots at the top right, then "Generate Song List" this will copy the list of songs to whatever external application you want. It's possible you could use this to generate a PDF. I would have to add new options to export that list to a new PDF in MobileSheetsPro though.

Annotations in MobileSheetsPro are markups such as freeform, text, stamps, etc. Are you saying you want me to export the textbox annotations as part of the list? Or are you talking about notes (which is a different feature in the app)?

Thanks,
Mike
(07-24-2017, 04:09 AM)Zuberman Wrote: If you long press the setlist, tap the three dots at the top right, then "Generate Song List" this will copy the list of songs to whatever external application you want. It's possible you could use this to generate a PDF. I would have to add new options to export that list to a new PDF in MobileSheetsPro though.

Annotations in MobileSheetsPro are markups such as freeform, text, stamps, etc.  Are you saying you want me to export the textbox annotations as part of the list? Or are you talking about notes (which is a different feature in the app)?

Thanks,
Mike

Yes I guess I mean the notes. The text you type and it later appears in a gray box superimposed over the sheet music and disappears when you tap, as you bring up each tune in turn from the setlist. If the output from "Generate Song List" could be embellished with the notes, each note directly below the title of the tune in question, possibly indented or some way presented for ease of reading, that would fit the purpose.
(07-24-2017, 04:09 AM)Zuberman Wrote: Are you saying you want me to export the textbox annotations as part of the list? Or are you talking about notes (which is a different feature in the app)?

Thanks,
Mike

I mean the textbox annotations. It would be good to have a print dialog in the setlist menu:
- print the titles only
- print titles with textbox annotations
- print notes (actual condition)
- maybe other features too
(07-24-2017, 06:45 AM)spencer Wrote:
(07-24-2017, 04:09 AM)Zuberman Wrote: If you long press the setlist, tap the three dots at the top right, then "Generate Song List" this will copy the list of songs to whatever external application you want. It's possible you could use this to generate a PDF. I would have to add new options to export that list to a new PDF in MobileSheetsPro though.

Annotations in MobileSheetsPro are markups such as freeform, text, stamps, etc.  Are you saying you want me to export the textbox annotations as part of the list? Or are you talking about notes (which is a different feature in the app)?

Thanks,
Mike

Yes I guess I mean the notes. The text you type and it later appears in a gray box superimposed over the sheet music and disappears when you tap, as you bring up each tune in turn from the setlist. If the output from "Generate Song List" could be embellished with the notes, each note directly below the title of the tune in question, possibly indented or some way presented for ease of reading, that would fit the purpose.

I agree with our conductor here. I don't know if he is saying this exactly, but I say print whatever text you have, or give us options to print whatever there is related to the setlist. I don't know about annotations because I haven't used them.
Couldn't this be achieved by adding something like %SETLISTNOTES% as a new field specifier and CRLF as an additional separator to the Song List Formatting dialog?

Then

*** %TITLE% CRLF %SETLISTNOTES%

would create the requested

***<Title of tune>
<Annotation>
***<Title of tune>
<Annotation>
. . .
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

I actually do support %SETLIST_NOTES% and %NOTES%. So your suggestion is a great one for generating the titles with notes. As you said, I would need to add support for a new line character in order for it to work well.

If users want support for printing out titles with textbox annotations, I think I would need to add a completely different feature/option for that. It sounds like I'll have to change the way "Generate Song List" works so that it pops up a list of options for what to generate. That would also make it easier to add options for things like exporting the list to a PDF instead of sharing through another application. Perhaps it's time to just move all of these options under the Share menu so that there is one dropdown with all of the options. I'll have to think about this some more.