• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sharing/Exporting only a portion of a PDF
Hi! I've been using this great app for almost 3 years now. It's really good.

I have a question though:

Say I have one PDF with many songs, and I have indexed them properly. For example:
Song A, page 1-3
Song B, page 4-10
Song C, page 11-15

Then, I want to email a PDF to my band mate with only SONG B. Is that possible? I tried the export/share function, but it's sending the WHOLE book. I just want to send a page or two, from a fake book of 800 pages. I don't want to send the whole book, since Gmail won't even allow it.

Help! Thanks!!
If you make snippet from song B (so that it is a separate song entry in the database) you should be able to share it with only the relevant pages. Maybe I'm wrong, but you could also try to print it (to a PDF Datei) and share that. That's definitely possible with using only the needed pages.
(06-29-2018, 08:48 PM)BRX Wrote: If you make snippet from song B (so that it is a separate song entry in the database) you should be able to share it with only the relevant pages. Maybe I'm wrong, but you could also try to print it (to a PDF Datei) and share that. That's definitely possible with using only the needed pages.

Yes, it has its own entry in the database. But when I try to share it, it shares the whole book (70MB), which can't be attached to the email. My workaround is to do a screenshot, then send the screenshot. Problem is, if it has multiple pages (say, 10 pages).

Thanks though!
Try my suggestion with printing it into a PDF and sharing that then.
If you use Share->Share files, and you check the option for the page order, it will generate a new PDF containing only the pages the selected song uses. The same is true with Share->Export files (if you want to save the file somewhere before sending it). Printing will also work, although I would recommend using the sharing option over printing if you are just trying to send it through email, as the PDF generated through the Share feature will use the exact same pages from the original PDF (meaning all optimizations are kept in place), whereas printing re-renders all of pages to fit the desired printed page dimensions, so you lose image compression and other optimizations in the original PDF.

Mike
(06-30-2018, 02:13 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: If you use Share->Share files, and you check the option for the page order, it will generate a new PDF containing only the pages the selected song uses. The same is true with Share->Export files (if you want to save the file somewhere before sending it). Printing will also work, although I would recommend using the sharing option over printing if you are just trying to send it through email, as the PDF generated through the Share feature will use the exact same pages from the original PDF (meaning all optimizations are kept in place), whereas printing re-renders all of pages to fit the desired printed page dimensions, so you lose image compression and other optimizations in the original PDF.

Mike

Sorry for replying 4 years after  Tongue

I tried Share->Share files with page order option checked. Yes, it did work as intended, but the filename generated is of the original book. Is there a way to make the filename similar to the song/entry title of the specific song that is shared? Thanks.
Try using Share->Export files which will give you an option to pick the filename. I don't currently have that option for Share->Share Files.

Mike