• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ChordPro Label directive
Wink 
The ChordPro "specification"  Tongue includes a directive called a Label.  Unfortunately the example(s) they provide offer little more than a "friendly suggestion" on the handling and behavior of labels.  That said I offer the following feature request.

1. Include the optional  label for the start_of_chorus (and start_of_verse if MobileSheets Pro implements that directive) which would then replace the text Chorus normally inserted by start_of_chorus with the label specified.

For example (not a GOOD example, but it shows why), the song "The Name Of The Lord" by Clinton Utterbach has three choruses (slight changing in wording) and one verse.  So instead of having the heading "Chorus" appear three times:
Quote:Chorus
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be the name of the Lord most high
(REPEAT)

Chorus
Holy is the name of the Lord
Holy is the name of the Lord most high
(REPEAT)

Verse 
The name of the Lord is a strong tower
The righteous run into it and they are safe

Chorus
Glory to the name of the Lord
Glory to the name of the Lord most high
(REPEAT)

CCLI Song # 265239
Clinton Utterbach
© 1989 Universal - Polygram International Publishing, Inc. (Admin. by Universal Music Corp.)

with different wording in the lyrics it could appear as:
Quote:Chorus 1
Blessed be the name of the Lord most high
(REPEAT)

Chorus 2
Holy is the name of the Lord most high
(REPEAT)

Verse 

Chorus 3
Glory to the name of the Lord most high
(REPEAT)

CCLI Song # 265239
Clinton Utterbach
© 1989 Universal - Polygram International Publishing, Inc. (Admin. by Universal Music Corp.)

Now before anyone focuses on the overly simplistic (but accurate) example let me instead provide an example of how this could then get used.  The musician could now utilize {soc: Pre-Chorus 1} / {eoc} to overload a Chorus block with the label "Pre-Chorus 1" and have the overall formatting look the same.  In the same manner you could then use this to add some rather standard features to a lyric file like "Bridge", "Tag", or "Ending".

For example David Crowder did the heretical thing  Big Grin  of taking the Charles Wesley hymn "O, For A Thousand Tongues To Sing" and added a chorus (well two), a bridge (he talks about this in an interview with Mark Maher  Rolleyes ) .  So in my MS Word chord sheet I have the introduction, the six verses, the two different choruses, the bridge, and the ending (not in that order, of course) and while I COULD accomplish all of this using {comment: Chorus 2}, {comment: Bridge}, etc., the formatting of all of those would end up looking different.
SenseiC

Church Worship Leader
Martin D-28
(07-10-2018, 02:35 AM)SenseiC Wrote: Include the optional  label for the start_of_chorus (and start_of_verse if MobileSheets Pro implements that directive) which would then replace the text Chorus normally inserted by start_of_chorus with the label specified.

This is how it now works in the ChordPro reference implementation.
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).