• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starting metronome, scrolling and audio in sync
Hi all,

I'm new with MobileSheetsPro and new to using the tablet as a support tool for playing.
I have some experience gained over the years with chordpro but on PC, so I can't compare with other Apps but I can say that I am very satisfied with MobileSheetsPro, thank you very much Mike :-)

I have seen computers born so I am much more comfortable editing material on PC, I bought both the Android and PC versions, I synchronize them using OneDrive.

I have some questions but I would ask them one at a time to avoid confusion, can I? ;-)

Is there a way to start (and stop) the metronome, auto-scrolling and audio together at any time after loading and opening the song? I have seen and tried the function that starts the scrolling when the song is loaded and if I remember correctly there is also for the audio and the metronome but, as a mindset I prefer to open the song that I have to perform, to have the lyrics and the notes and when ready to start playing ..

Thank You a lot for support
Efix
Hello Efix,

You can enable "Auto-start" for the metronome, "Start Scrolling When Song Loads" for the automatic scrolling and "Automatically play audio when song is loaded". These will all be processed serially, so it's possible they will not all be perfectly synchronized. One thing I've considered adding is an option to synchronize all three such that the audio and metronome won't start until the automatic scrolling starts (after the "Time Before Scrolling Starts" is reached). I think the issue right now is users may have 5 seconds before scrolling starts, for example, but the audio and metronome will start immediately. So I think that's the main issue I need to address. Let me know your thoughts on this.

Mike
(09-05-2020, 02:59 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Hello Efix,

You can enable "Auto-start" for the metronome, "Start Scrolling When Song Loads" for the automatic scrolling and "Automatically play audio when song is loaded". These will all be processed serially, so it's possible they will not all be perfectly synchronized. One thing I've considered adding is an option to synchronize all three such that the audio and metronome won't start until the automatic scrolling starts (after the "Time Before Scrolling Starts" is reached). I think the issue right now is users may have 5 seconds before scrolling starts, for example, but the audio and metronome will start immediately. So I think that's the main issue I need to address. Let me know your thoughts on this.

Mike

ok, but it all starts when the song is loaded, that is when I start the song from the list with a touch (or with a click), and if I'm not in mistake always when I change the song with a swipe or with the pedals (or in any other way, loading the song).
Well, for my two cents, personally, I would prefer to open the song, see the first lines of text to sing or whatever I wrote in the first lines of the song with a {comment:} to remind me for example when I have to start, just after mentally enter the song and give the start, with a touch or with a pedal or in another way (at least metronome and shifting).

In the hypothesis of an improvement, in addition to the waiting time of the scroll, perhaps we must also take into account the precount of the metronome

Hope to be of help, thanks Mike :-)
I may need to think of some other options for how to trigger everything all at once. While I could add a single touch/pedal/smart button action to trigger scrolling audio playback and the metronome all at once, that might be too limiting, as some songs may have audio but no metronome settings or vice versa. Or some users may want to trigger the metronome and audio at the same time but don't want to start automatic scrolling. Perhaps what I should do is make a more open ended action that is capable of triggering multiple things at once including:

1) Automatic scrolling
2) Metronome Playback
3) Audio playback
4) Sending the configured MIDI commands in the song (so that Send on Load doesn't have to be used).

Thoughts? 

Mike
Would it be possible to allow a trigger to perform an action and, optionally, send another trigger? The next triggered action could perform something and ,optionally, trigger yet another action.

That way you don't have to perform multiple actions on a single trigger. There still might be a synchronisation issue if the user wants them to all start at the same tine.
(I don't use triggers so don't know if what I'm suggesting is feasible!)

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
(09-05-2020, 06:37 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: I may need to think of some other options for how to trigger everything all at once. While I could add a single touch/pedal/smart button action to trigger scrolling audio playback and the metronome all at once, that might be too limiting, as some songs may have audio but no metronome settings or vice versa. Or some users may want to trigger the metronome and audio at the same time but don't want to start automatic scrolling. Perhaps what I should do is make a more open ended action that is capable of triggering multiple things at once including:

1) Automatic scrolling
2) Metronome Playback
3) Audio playback
4) Sending the configured MIDI commands in the song (so that Send on Load doesn't have to be used).

Thoughts? 

Mike
Hi Mike,

Point 4 can be useful to start light games or sequencers, all synchronized .. nice ;-)

Perhaps, you could create a 'general trigger event' that you can assign to a touch and / or pedal, then inside the metronome configuration, auto-scroll, player and whatever else might be useful, along with "Start When Song Loads" add the possibility to start / stop with this new 'general trigger event' ..

My English is a lot of water :-) I hope I was helpful Mike ;-)

Thank You
Efix
(09-05-2020, 07:41 AM)Geoff Bacon Wrote: Would it be possible to allow a trigger to perform an action and, optionally, send another trigger? The next triggered action could perform something and ,optionally, trigger yet another action.

That way you don't have to perform multiple actions on a single trigger. There still might be a synchronisation issue if the user wants them to all start at the same tine.
(I don't use triggers so don't know if what I'm suggesting is feasible!)

Geoff

Great idea. I'd appreciate this function, too. The two-finger-tap is fine to start my audio and if this would start the scrolling at the same time, it would be perfect :-)