• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
hyperlinks (websites, youtube)
Hi, would it be possible to add a hyperlink-feature to MobileSheets?
I use e.g. a lot of tutorial sheets, and with this feature it would be possible to directly link to the original website of the tutorial, or to a youtube video containing the song etc.
(Maybe the feature is already available and I'm just blind...?)

Thx
Music 
OOHHHH I love this idea. I'm always losing the YouTube link I found the piece in and have to go hunt it down. My group is always using something online to give us an idea how a piece goes! GREAT IDEA!!HeartHeartHeart
You could store the URI to the resource (Youtube etc) as note to the song. But this is not a link. So you have to copy&paste that afaik.
(12-14-2013, 07:24 PM)Jan Wrote: You could store the URI to the resource (Youtube etc) as note to the song. But this is not a link. So you have to copy&paste that afaik.

Yes, that's what I'm doing right now, but a real hyperlink would be nice Wink
I will add hyperlinks as a form of annotation. Once I add the ability to export annotations into PDFs, it will be converted into an embedded hyperlink. Thanks for the suggestion.

Mike
(12-15-2013, 05:25 AM)Zuberman Wrote: I will add hyperlinks as a form of annotation. Once I add the ability to export annotations into PDFs, it will be converted into an embedded hyperlink. Thanks for the suggestion.

Mike

Yeah, export to pdf (not that the program isn't great already, Mike!).
Hi, thank you for accepting my suggestion Wink!
Does this then mean that I have to add the hyperlink as annotation, then export the PDF and import it again, and then I can click onto that hyperlink in the PDF? Or is the annotation (or note or whatever) itself also already a hyperlink, i.e. you can click on it within the app and not only in the PDF?

Thx,

Michael
(12-15-2013, 05:25 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: I will add hyperlinks as a form of annotation. Once I add the ability to export annotations into PDFs, it will be converted into an embedded hyperlink. Thanks for the suggestion.

Mike

Hi, Is this feature already available? How can I hyperlink Youtube videos ? Thks
The feature has not been implemented yet, as it wasn't something that was highly requested or needed by a lot of users. It's certainly on the list of things to do when time allows though. Back in 2013, I was still only working on MobileSheets part time, so my bandwidth was very limited. I have more bandwidth now, but finishing the iOS version is my current priority, then I can start to work off feature requests such as this one.

Mike
(07-10-2021, 04:52 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: The feature has not been implemented yet, as it wasn't something that was highly requested or needed by a lot of users. It's certainly on the list of things to do when time allows though. Back in 2013, I was still only working on MobileSheets part time, so my bandwidth was very limited. I have more bandwidth now, but finishing the iOS version is my current priority, then I can start to work off feature requests such as this one.

Mike

Hi Mike, thank you for the fast answer, but I might disagree with it (I think it is a nice feature to increment), just look how many views this post already had (5,641 Views). I could manage for now to put the link address to the notes when open the score, but it still is not hyperlinked. =(

I have more other three suggestions to improve:
1- Could you make it possible to adjust the pdf angle to just 1 by 1 degree, instead of 90 degrees, for cases when the picture is not completely straight. 
2- Another awesome feature will be track progress like ForScore (https://youtu.be/wn2BNyW4XOM?t=989)
3- Now that you are working on the iOS version, could you make sure the backup Android could be also open to IOS in case the user switch from Android to IOS in the future.

Thks
Not necessarily 5641 unique readers though because I look at each post as it changes ( "9 replies" means that I have looked at it about 9 times)

I'm not saying it is not a good idea; I'm just saying that you can't always believe the raw numbers - especially if others are also reading every post.

Stay safe

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
And a couple of views from me too since I (and probably a lot more members) also look at all new posts regardless of the content. It's also a thread from 2013. Most of the older threads have a couple of thousands views .

Now, in comparison the IOS thread, started in December 2018 has almost 30.000 views. Just saying.
Roger,

1) Implementing a deskewing feature is also on my list. The reason this hasn't been implemented sooner is because the PDF library I'm using doesn't support compressed images or optimizations. This means you could take a 300 Kb PDF, deskew it, and it will suddenly turn into a 3+ MB file. Why? Because I have to rebuild the entire file with the deskewed images (the PDF specification only supports 90 degree rotations, so the only way to deskew is to rebuild the file), and each image I put in the document will be an uncompressed image, and those use a huge amount of memory. So I've been waiting to see if I could get a library that supports compressed images. The good news is that the company that makes the library I'm currently using is releasing a more expensive version that apparently will support optimizations. I'm hoping this means I will be able to insert compressed images in PDFs. I'm also looking into supporting an option to insert the images as grayscale images instead of color. This would also drastically reduce the file size. This will unfortunately not be an easy task though.

2) That is definitely a fancy feature. I will have to add analytics to MobileSheets at some point in order to support that. I don't currently track how long you view each song or setlist, or how many times you open it. So I would need to start tracking a lot more.

3) Yes, I plan on making all file formats compatible between all three versions, so it will be possible to restore backup files from iOS into Android and vice versa.

Mike
(07-11-2021, 03:33 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Roger,

1) Implementing a deskewing feature is also on my list. The reason this hasn't been implemented sooner is because the PDF library I'm using doesn't support compressed images or optimizations. This means you could take a 300 Kb PDF, deskew it, and it will suddenly turn into a 3+ MB file. Why? Because I have to rebuild the entire file with the deskewed images (the PDF specification only supports 90 degree rotations, so the only way to deskew is to rebuild the file), and each image I put in the document will be an uncompressed image, and those use a huge amount of memory. So I've been waiting to see if I could get a library that supports compressed images. The good news is that the company that makes the library I'm currently using is releasing a more expensive version that apparently will support optimizations. I'm hoping this means I will be able to insert compressed images in PDFs. I'm also looking into supporting an option to insert the images as grayscale images instead of color. This would also drastically reduce the file size. This will unfortunately not be an easy task though.

2) That is definitely a fancy feature. I will have to add analytics to MobileSheets at some point in order to support that. I don't currently track how long you view each song or setlist, or how many times you open it. So I would need to start tracking a lot more.

3) Yes, I plan on making all file formats compatible between all three versions, so it will be possible to restore backup files from iOS into Android and vice versa.

Mike

Thank you Mike, I am using on my Pixelbook for just two days now and I am already in love with all the customizations options, you did a great work indeed.  Big Grin

Please find an assistant to help you and keep improving even more. Thks a lot.
Hi Mike

Just to inform that I found a fantastic solution to make the hyperlink already.

Simple add a smart button and choose to open URL in actions.

It works perfect thanks!