• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MobileSheetsPro for E-Ink Devices now available
Mike,
I apologize if this has been noted before but using the freehand pen tool in any page mode other than single page it's painfully slow. 
On single page display the stylus responds instantly but if I switch to, say, half page or vertical scroll mode, it's very slow.
It seems to affect only the e-ink version.

Juan
Onyx Boox Max Lumi 13.3 -Android 10
Dell Latittude 5290 2-in1 (Win 11)
Donner BT pedal
The layers window on the e-ink version needs to be revisited as it's very buggy at the moment:

1.- When I create a new layer, I have no way to delete it. No delete (x) symbol appears.
2.- It's very hard no know what layer is current. Please make the layer name bold or underlined or both.
2.- Clicking on a layer to make it current seems to be ignored and new annotations are always added to layer 1
3.- Annotations on layers other than layer1 cannot be ticked and deleted or moved up/down in the list and sometimes a toolbar under an a non-existing annotation appears somewhere on the page but nothing is selected for deletion or nudge.
4.- I encountered a few times that entering the renaming window doesn't let me prompt the name and bring the keyboard. Instead the current annotation tool seems to be still active.
5.- I can't seem to find in the manual what is the last icon resembling a link symbol used for.

Personal preference:  Change the eye symbol to gray for hidden layers, black for visible layers on and use the square outline to show the current layer instead in addition to making the layer name in bold.

Thanks, 
Juan
Donner BT pedal
If you have the pen tool activated, the screen redraw is completely disabled, so the layers window won't show updates when layers are created or annotations are added to it. I don't have a good solution for that at the moment, because if I constantly turn the screen refresh on and off, it's going to cause the whole screen to be redrawn every single time an annotation is created, and that flashing would get real annoying, real fast. In the past, I tried to use a method in the Onyx library to update just a specific area on the screen. This caused some user's devices to completely lock up, requiring a hard reboot, so I have no desire to try to mess around with that again.

I'll look into the other issues you've reported, but it would help if you test those things with a tool other than the pen tool activated (unless that is how you were testing it) just to rule out odd issues with the fast drawing mode.

The link icon synchronizes visibility changes among all layers with identical names on all pages of the current song. It also synchronizes which layer is active for editing on each page. This was implemented based on user requests and was added somewhere around 3.0.4 or 3.0.5.

Thanks,
Mike
(04-15-2021, 07:15 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: If you have the pen tool activated, the screen redraw is completely disabled, so the layers window won't show updates when layers are created or annotations are added to it. I don't have a good solution for that at the moment, because if I constantly turn the screen refresh on and off, it's going to cause the whole screen to be redrawn every single time an annotation is created, and that flashing would get real annoying, real fast. In the past, I tried to use a method in the Onyx library to update just a specific area on the screen. This caused some user's devices to completely lock up, requiring a hard reboot, so I have no desire to try to mess around with that again.

I'll look into the other issues you've reported, but it would help if you test those things with a tool other than the pen tool activated (unless that is how you were testing it) just to rule out odd issues with the fast drawing mode.

The link icon synchronizes visibility changes among all layers with identical names on all pages of the current song. It also synchronizes which layer is active for editing on each page. This was implemented based on user requests and was added somewhere around 3.0.4 or 3.0.5.

Thanks,
Mike

I was probably testing with the pen tool active.
I've restarted MSP and now the x symbol to delete layers appears all the time correctly but it didn't before. I don't know why.
I'm also able to select annotations in the list even with the pen tool active: when I click on one either in the list or on the annotation itself the tool changes from pen to the 'select' arrow

However, having the pen active like you said it doesn't show the new annotation immediately until:
- Change tool
- Click anywhere inside the layers window 
- Also I cannot rename an existing layer or name anew one with the pen tool selected. I must click anywhere inside the layer window and the rename dialog disappears, then I must change the tool and then I'm able to rename.

New annotations are still added to layer1 sometimes and I cannot figure out what are the conditions because they also seem to be added correctly to the current layer.
It is frustrating when everything behaves different after a report and being unable to reproduce it ...
Donner BT pedal
I noticed an issue in my e-ink device when I have half-page mode enabled:

When I load a song the split page displays ok with a relatively thin horizontal black separator.
However, sometimes this separation tends to grow quite significantely to be almost 1 inch wide.
I have not figured out what is the cause , sometimes I can go for a long time without happening but often the wide separation starts to happen.
My page scaling mode is full page.   Have you seen this before?

Donner BT pedal
I definitely have never encountered that before, but I haven't really tested for long sessions with the half page display mode. I can run some tests to see if I can encounter that. All I should need to do is load a setlist and continue turning pages until it occurs, correct?

Thanks,
Mike
(04-21-2021, 05:50 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: I definitely have never encountered that before, but I haven't really tested for long sessions with the half page display mode. I can run some tests to see if I can encounter that. All I should need to do is load a setlist and continue turning pages until it occurs, correct?

Thanks,
Mike

Mike, 
Hang on.  I'm trying myself to force the problem and it's not happening.  Let me see if I can pinpoint when it happens, maybe it's only certain song or whether or not I use the pedal.
I don't want you to waste time with so little information.
I'll let you know.
Juan
Donner BT pedal
(04-22-2021, 01:02 AM)palosanto Wrote:
(04-21-2021, 05:50 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: I definitely have never encountered that before, but I haven't really tested for long sessions with the half page display mode. I can run some tests to see if I can encounter that. All I should need to do is load a setlist and continue turning pages until it occurs, correct?

Thanks,
Mike

Mike, 
Hang on.  I'm trying myself to force the problem and it's not happening.  Let me see if I can pinpoint when it happens, maybe it's only certain song or whether or not I use the pedal.
I don't want you to waste time with so little information.
I'll let you know.
Juan

Ok, I found it.
Nothing happens until you start going into annotation mode. Every time that I exit annotation and flip pages the gap gets bigger. The lower half of the page remains the same but the upper keeps getting shorter as the black gap increases.  It doesn't seem to have a limit so eventually the whole upper half would disappear.
The problem doesn't stop when changing songs but it continues onto the next and it happens regardless of the page scaling mode.
The only way to reset it is exiting MSP.
It doesn't seem to affect my Samsung tablet, only my Onyx.

Juan
Donner BT pedal
It appears the issue is due to the "Use single page display mode" option. If you disable that, you won't encounter this problem. I'll try to see if I can figure out what is causing the gap to grow in size over time.

Thanks,
Mike

UPDATE:
I've found the issue - it will be fixed in version 3.1.1.
(04-22-2021, 05:29 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: It appears the issue is due to the "Use single page display mode" option. If you disable that, you won't encounter this problem. I'll try to see if I can figure out what is causing the gap to grow in size over time.

Thanks,
Mike

UPDATE:
I've found the issue - it will be fixed in version 3.1.1.

Oh good.  Although I don't see any difference with the setting enabled or disabled.  The editing is always on a full page.
Shouldn't having it disabled have the annotation mode also with split pages?
Donner BT pedal
No - I don't support the split page view while annotating, because it causes too much complexity with annotations that could easily cross the boundaries between the two pages.  You'll need to restart the app after turning that setting off, then you shouldn't see the gap increase in size.

Mike
(04-22-2021, 07:45 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: No - I don't support the split page view while annotating, because it causes too much complexity with annotations that could easily cross the boundaries between the two pages.  You'll need to restart the app after turning that setting off, then you shouldn't see the gap increase in size.

Mike
I see so I guess it's meant only for when you have viewing in 2 page mode.
Thanks.
Donner BT pedal
(04-15-2021, 07:55 AM)palosanto Wrote:
(04-15-2021, 07:15 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: If you have the pen tool activated, the screen redraw is completely disabled, so the layers window won't show updates when layers are created or annotations are added to it. I don't have a good solution for that at the moment, because if I constantly turn the screen refresh on and off, it's going to cause the whole screen to be redrawn every single time an annotation is created, and that flashing would get real annoying, real fast. In the past, I tried to use a method in the Onyx library to update just a specific area on the screen. This caused some user's devices to completely lock up, requiring a hard reboot, so I have no desire to try to mess around with that again.

Thanks,
Mike

I was probably testing with the pen tool active.
I've restarted MSP and now the x symbol to delete layers appears all the time correctly but it didn't before. I don't know why.
I'm also able to select annotations in the list even with the pen tool active: when I click on one either in the list or on the annotation itself the tool changes from pen to the 'select' arrow

However, having the pen active like you said it doesn't show the new annotation immediately until:
- Change tool
- Click anywhere inside the layers window 
- Also I cannot rename an existing layer or name anew one with the pen tool selected. I must click anywhere inside the layer window and the rename dialog disappears, then I must change the tool and then I'm able to rename.

New annotations are still added to layer1 sometimes and I cannot figure out what are the conditions because they also seem to be added correctly to the current layer.
It is frustrating when everything behaves different after a report and being unable to reproduce it ...
I'm experiencing the same problem here, I can't find a way to see which layer is active in the layers window and I can't find a way to change the active layer either.
As mentioned previously, you have to switch from the pen tool to a different tool or disable stylus mode in order for the layers window to update on the screen. I will see if I can adjust the dialog to force a screen refresh if any part of it is touched while the pen mode is active. Just be aware that this can potentially cause flashing as the screen redraws every time you interact with the layers popup.

Mike
Did anyone test the E-Ink version on a Boox Poke 3 or any other Anroid based 6" e-reader? I'm mostly interested in showing Musescore part extracts for a single instrument, where 6" would be plenty.