• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advance from last page to the next song with a footswitch
Hi,
I see a lot of actions that can be done when activating the up-down switches on my bluetooth footswitch but I seem to miss one. A for me logical, function.

With the up button I like to proceed to the next page, but on the last page I want to proceed to the next song.
With the down button proceed to the previous page, but on the first page proceed to the previous song.

Now I had to program one button for next page and the other for next song (so I have no way back).
Maybe there is such kind of function and I did not find it   Shy (then I like to know how I can get this working).
Grtz,
Hans
(02-14-2021, 08:48 PM)vanKoelen Wrote: Hi,
I see a lot of actions that can be done when activating the up-down switches on my bluetooth footswitch but I seem to miss one. A for me logical, function.

With the up button I like to proceed to the next page, but on the last page I want to proceed to the next song.
With the down button proceed to the previous page, but on the first page proceed to the previous song.

Now I had to program one button for next page and the other for next song (so I have no way back).
Maybe there is such kind of function and I did not find it   Shy (then I like to know how I can get this working).
Grtz,
Hans
Does it vary according to the make of pedal you're using?  I have a Donner Bluetooth footswitch, which has a left (return) and a right (forward) pedal, plus a range of alternative settings to change the function of the pair of pedals.  I only ever use one of these (forward / return).  If a tune occupies more than one page, this takes me from one page to the next or back to the previous one.  If i have a string of tunes in a setlist, than the 'forward' pedal takes me to the next tune after the final page of the first one, and so on.  Using 'forward' and 'return' I can navigate through multi-page tunes or multi-file setlists - though sometimes a bit of deft footwork is needed.
(02-14-2021, 09:49 PM)bazza Wrote:
(02-14-2021, 08:48 PM)vanKoelen Wrote: Hi,

Grtz,
Hans
Does it vary according to the make of pedal you're using?  I have a Donner Bluetooth footswitch, which has a left (return) and a right (forward) pedal, plus a range of alternative settings to change the function of the pair of pedals.  I only ever use one of these (forward / return).  If a tune occupies more than one page, this takes me from one page to the next or back to the previous one.  If i have a string of tunes in a setlist, than the 'forward' pedal takes me to the next tune after the final page of the first one, and so on.  Using 'forward' and 'return' I can navigate through multi-page tunes or multi-file setlists - though sometimes a bit of deft footwork is needed.

Yes, I think so.. I have an Irig BlueTurn with only up and down buttons so I have no buttons for the "go back" function left.
But.. when everything goes OK only the "go forward" buttons are needed. 
I only wondered why this, for me, obvious action seems to be missing  Wink
I'm not sure I understand what you're after but have you been to the pedal settings? There's an option to stop the pedal from being able to change songs. If you have that unchecked then the pedal that turns to the next page will also turn to the next song when you're on the last page of the current song. If the left pedal is set to go back a page then it will take you to the previous song if you're on the first page. Is that what you meant?
(02-14-2021, 10:46 PM)Oz Cello Wrote: I'm not sure I understand what you're after but have you been to the pedal settings? There's an option to stop the pedal from being able to change songs. If you have that unchecked then the pedal that turns to the next page will also turn to the next song when you're on the last page of the current song. If the left pedal is set to go back a page then it will take you to the previous song if you're on the first page. Is that what you meant?

Yes... this is what I meant, It does make sense but it does not work with the action "goto next page" Huh What kind of action do you use?
At the end of a song I only get a "End of song" popup and it does not proceed to the next song.
Have you checked the settings? There's the one I mentioned which stops the pedal from being able to change songs. That one should be set to allow the pedal to change songs. There's also the one in library settings under 'load options' which automatically loads the next song when you go past the end of the current song. That one should be set to automatically load the next song. Also the pedal action in touch and pedal settings should be set to 'go to previous song' and 'go to next song' (i.e. the 2nd and 3rd options in the list of pedal actions)

I've used the irig blueturn with MSP and it works as you describe - the right pedal moves to the next page unless it's the last page in which case it moves to the next song. My guess is that if it's not doing that for you then it's probably because of the settings.
(02-15-2021, 12:02 PM)Oz Cello Wrote: Have you checked the settings? There's the one I mentioned which stops the pedal from being able to change songs. That one should be set to allow the pedal to change songs. There's also the one in library settings under 'load options' which automatically loads the next song when you go past the end of the current song. That one should be set to automatically load the next song. Also the pedal action in touch and pedal settings should be set to 'go to previous song' and 'go to next song' (i.e. the 2nd and 3rd options in the list of pedal actions)

I've used the irig blueturn with MSP and it works as you describe - the right pedal moves to the next page unless it's the last page in which case it moves to the next song. My guess is that if it's not doing that for you then it's probably because of the settings.

Yess!
The library setting did the trick (with the pedal settings "goto next page" and "go to previous" page).
Thanks for the help!  Smile
It's an old thread but the issue is very much related.
I have now my pedal set to go to the next or previous page on a song but if I'm in a setlist, to the next or previous song when I reach the last or past the first pages.  That's all good.
To accomplish this I had to enable the library load option mentioned earlier on this thread and also disable Repeat mode.
However, although it works as described when in a setlist,  if I work in a random song that is not in any setlist, reaching the end of the song flips to the next song in the library but if I choose a song within the recents,  the recents becomes a constantly growing "setlist"  so when I click past the last page, the next song on recents is loaded instead of the next song in the library.  
Is this by design?  
Juan
Onyx Boox Max Lumi 13.3 -Android 10
Dell Latittude 5290 2-in1 (Win 11)
Donner BT pedal
Whatever tab you were viewing last is used when the "Automatically load next song" option is enabled in the settings and you turn past the last page of a song. So if you were viewing the recent tab, and you turn past the last page of a song, it should load the next song in the list on the recent tab (it won't switch between songs and setlists in that list though).

Mike
(06-14-2021, 07:21 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Whatever tab you were viewing last is used when the "Automatically load next song" option is enabled in the settings and you turn past the last page of a song. So if you were viewing the recent tab, and you turn past the last page of a song, it should load the next song in the list on the recent tab (it won't switch between songs and setlists in that list though).

Mike

Thanks Mike, I kind of figured it out after playing a bit with it.
Onyx Boox Max Lumi 13.3 -Android 10
Dell Latittude 5290 2-in1 (Win 11)
Donner BT pedal