• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheapest device to get large screen for Mobile Sheets
I’ve used mobile sheets for quite a while now. 
I have the android version. Kindle fire version and just recently the Windows app version (I’m not talking about the free companion app used for storing library etc, I’m talking about running the actual app on windows, purchased from the window store for U.K. £10.41) 
I’ve given my android tablet to my elderly mum as her music group were sending music just before rehearsals with no time to print out first. My kindle fire is a bit small for gigging and teaching 
I opted to get a shop returned ASUS flip CX5 (CX5500 FEA) for £380 from John Lewis usual price £499. The ASUS is a chrome book with a huge 15” screen but there was a problem with the fan so it had to be returned and I’m considering a full price model when I’ve saved a bit more. Just can’t afford it quite yet. Mobile sheets worked brilliantly in tablet mode on the CX5500 just ensure you fold back keyboard entirely to get it to work. NB  in display settings (Setting cog/Display Settings/Page Alignment) set it to either Top or Centre otherwise it stretches your music too long down page. 

I’ve found an excellent solution IMO to help me now keep using Mobile Sheets. 
As I mentioned I’ve purchased the windows version of mobile sheets. 

I have an old windows 10 laptop without touch screen on which I’ve installed the Windows Mobile Sheets app. 
Easiest way to import whole library of music from another device running Mobile Sheets is not by pressing IMPORT. 
Back your library up to One Drive or Google Drive from your other device (it will be saved as .msg file (write down filename)
On your Windows laptop Settings/Backup and Restore/Restore Library from BackUp (select the file you wrote down in One Drive or Google Drive )Confirm Library Restore and the library will restore. 
Now’s the fun bit… you’re going to flip your whole screen into portrait mode and put your computer on its side like a book to read the music. Make sure you’ve got a sturdy music stand to hold the laptop when you use it. 
1.Minimise mobile sheets 
2. Right Click with your mouse/touchpad anywhere empty on computer screen and it will bring up a box with options : View, sort by, refresh, Share, View online, manage one drive back up et cetera. Second up from bottom should be DISPLAY SETTINGS.
3. Left Click on Display Settings. Under scale and layout you will see display orientation. Change this from landscape to PORTRAIT 
And then select keep these display settings (it’s the same quick easy process to change back to landscape. 
4. Fully open Mobile Sheets and use touchpad /mouse to pick the piece of music. Use the now up or down arrows on your keyboard to turn the pages. I’ve bought a Bluetooth page turner pedal from eBay for £4.67 (Page Turner Bluetooth Page Turner Black Bluetooth Performances Compatible) and it works great . 
5. No I can’t annotate the music on my windows laptop because it’s not a touch screen but I can do this on my cheap old Amazon Fire and import them onto my Old Windows Laptop. I do every kind of classical musician gigging and teaching . Playing large instrument and now can leave just in case pilot case of music in car and just carry laptop for gigs. I also teach instruments in schools where pupils often forget their music books. I simply scan in their music to pdf on my phone and save to Music sheets for days they’ve forgotten it. 
I know this info is on mobile sheets in various discussions but wanted to highlight the cheaper/ recycling or old equipment options to use it .
There is a free mobile sheets WINDOWS app version you can use for a couple of weeks to see if it works for you. 
I hope this helps someone and keeps some laptops out of landfill.
I’ve used mobile sheets for quite a while now. 
I have the android version. Kindle fire version and just recently the Windows app version (I’m not talking about the free companion app used for storing library etc, I’m talking about running the actual app on windows, purchased from the window store for U.K. £10.41) 
I’ve given my android tablet to my elderly mum as her music group were sending music just before rehearsals with no time to print out first. My kindle fire is a bit small for gigging and teaching 
I opted to get a shop returned ASUS flip CX5 (CX5500 FEA) for £380 from John Lewis usual price £499. The ASUS is a chrome book with a huge 15” screen but there was a problem with the fan so it had to be returned and I’m considering a full price model when I’ve saved a bit more. Just can’t afford it quite yet. Mobile sheets worked brilliantly in tablet mode on the CX5500 just ensure you fold back keyboard entirely to get it to work. NB  in display settings (Setting cog/Display Settings/Page Alignment) set it to either Top or Centre otherwise it stretches your music too long down page. 

I have an old windows 10 laptop without touch screen on which I’ve installed the Windows Mobile Sheets app. 
Easiest way to import whole library of music from another device running Mobile Sheets is not by pressing IMPORT. 
Back your library up to One Drive or Google Drive from your other device (it will be saved as .msg file (write down filename)
On your Windows laptop Settings/Backup and Restore/Restore Library from BackUp (select the file you wrote down in One Drive or Google Drive )Confirm Library Restore and the library will restore. 
Now’s the fun bit… you’re going to flip your whole screen into portrait mode and put your computer on its side like a book to read the music. Make sure you’ve got a sturdy music stand to hold the laptop when you use it. 
1.Minimise mobile sheets 
2. Right Click with your mouse/touchpad anywhere empty on computer screen and it will bring up a box with options : View, sort by, refresh, Share, View online, manage one drive back up et cetera. Second up from bottom should be DISPLAY SETTINGS.
3. Left Click on Display Settings. Under scale and layout you will see display orientation. Change this from landscape to PORTRAIT 
And then select keep these display settings (it’s the same quick easy process to change back to landscape. 
4. Fully open Mobile Sheets and use touchpad /mouse to pick the piece of music. Use the now up or down arrows on your keyboard to turn the pages. I’ve bought a Bluetooth page turner pedal from eBay for £4.67 (Page Turner Bluetooth Page Turner Black Bluetooth Performances Compatible) and it works great . 
5. No I can’t annotate the music on my windows laptop because it’s not a touch screen but I can do this on my cheap old Amazon Fire and import them onto my Old Windows Laptop. I do every kind of classical musician gigging and teaching . Playing large instrument and now can leave just in case pilot case of music in car and just carry laptop for gigs. I also teach instruments in schools where pupils often forget their music books. I simply scan in their music to pdf on my phone and save to Music sheets for days they’ve forgotten it. 
I know this info is on mobile sheets in various discussions but wanted to highlight the cheaper/ recycling or old equipment options to use it .
There is a free mobile sheets WINDOWS app version you can use for a couple of weeks to see if it works for you. 
I have changed from tablet to a chromebook. I had many problems connecting multiple tablets and could not get a connected TV to display in portrait. My current setup has a TV hooked up from chromebook's USB to TV HDMI in. I've changed all my tabs to display best in landscape mode. I now have a screen that everyone can see and has been working very well. My chromebook and used TV was all under $300. Display is 40"
(08-24-2022, 12:40 AM)Cazza Wrote: I’ve used mobile sheets for quite a while now. 

1.Minimise mobile sheets 

I use a mouse with my Chromebook. I lose some functions, but it is much faster in others.