• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Batch Import No Longer Works
Attempting to batch export to Android results in dropped WiFi always. This was not the case a week ago.
I just batch imported 1000 files without issue using the companion app. I'm going to need additional information about your router, PC, tablet, what versions of the companion app and tablet app you are running, and any other relevant information. If you connect the two devices using a cell phone WiFi hotspot, do you still encounter issues? Or does that work better?

Mike
(10-18-2022, 06:18 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: I just batch imported 1000 files without issue using the companion app. I'm going to need additional information about your router, PC, tablet, what versions of the companion app and tablet app you are running, and any other relevant information. If you connect the two devices using a cell phone WiFi hotspot, do you still encounter issues? Or does that work better?

Mike
Companion version is 3.1.6 The router is a Cox panoramic router. Phone is REV VL with Android 11. Tablet is Supersonic SC813 running Android 9. I don't know how to use the phone as a Wifi hotspot so give me a day or so to teach myself that. Is there a debug mode I can use on Companion or the tablet to show how the connection is lost?
(10-18-2022, 11:26 PM)carrolld@cox.net Wrote: Companion version is 3.1.6 The router is a Cox panoramic router. Phone is REV VL with Android 11. Tablet is Supersonic SC813 running Android 9. I don't know how to use the phone as a Wifi hotspot so give me a day or so to teach myself that. Is there a debug mode I can use on Companion or the tablet to show how the connection is lost?

I found out something changed in my network settings, where the Windows 10 desktop I use as my "server" was not using its RJ45 connection to the router but was communicating via WiFi to the router. I disabled that WiFi connection from the Windows 10 desktop to the WiFi network and tried a couple of batch imports which worked normally (and much faster than they had worked in the past). So it looks like whatever problem there was has been at my end. Your test that batch import showed no problem at your facility made me dig deeper into my home network. Thank you very much!
I'm really glad to hear that you figured that out and have better transfer speeds as well!

Mike