• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Multiple tabs
Hi,

I was wondering whether it would be possible to add the option to have 2 or more scores open at once and accessible via tabs?

Similar to tabs on an internet browser.

Thanks!

Digory
That's on the list of things I want to support, but it's going to be a bit before I can work on it as I'm working through other promised features first. You are certainly not the only user who wants that capability though.

Mike
Thanks for the response!

I'll watch out for this in the future ?
Just adding another 'yea' to this feature request. It's a feature on Forscore I often envy!
Another yeah  from me to add to the request priority. :-)
I'm a fairly new user, but this makes a lot of sense to me. I've wished I could jump back and forth between different parts, ie, my own part and a score. I've used set lists to jump back and forth, but the biggest problem with this is that it doesn't remember where I was in a score. If there was some way that mobile sheets could remember the last position in a score, I could jump back and forth using setlists.
Depending on your requirements, you may be able to use link points to jump around.

Never used them myself so can't offer any other advice.

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
I also add another yes for this Feature.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE Android 12
Samsung Note Pro 12.2 LineageOS 14.1
Huawei Media Pad M3 lite Android 7
(05-02-2023, 01:04 AM)Digoryprice Wrote: Hi,

I was wondering whether it would be possible to add the option to have 2 or more scores open at once and accessible via tabs?

Similar to tabs on an internet browser.

Thanks!

Digory

"Smart Buttons, Load or Go To Song"
By adding a button (or two) on each of the songs you want to toggle between, you basically have that functionality.
It's still on the wishlist. 

But if you take a look at the only recently introduced library quick load window: If you set it up to your liking it's an even better workaround for the time being and almost as good as switching between tabs.
(10-20-2023, 08:09 AM)BRX Wrote: <snip>
But if you take a look at the only recently introduced library quick load window: <snip>

Hi BRX, do you have more information please?
Unless I'm misunderstanding something I don't seem to have this feature and a quick search of the forum didn't reveal anything (MSP and forum newbie here so I'm not that familiar with everything yet).  

According to my MSP installation I have the current version (for Boox e-ink device) and I still need to go through the Settings menu option to change libraries.  Not especially onerous, but not obvious or quick either.

Quick change would be wonderful!

Thanks mate.
You're only paranoid if you're wrong  Cool
I'm using an Onyx Boox Tab X
Afaik, the library quick load window doesn't move you to a different library, it brings up a window where you can access parts in the current library without having to go back to the library page. I think the settings menu is still the only way to change libraries (for now). The way I bring up the library quick load window is by doing a two-finger tap on a piece and I had to enable that option through the touch settings. I'm not sure if there's any other way of enabling it - possibly through a pedal action or smart button? Not sure. But, yeah, not a quick library change, just quick access to the current library.
Guy
(10-20-2023, 10:06 AM)Oz Cello Wrote: Afaik, the library quick load window doesn't move you to a different library, it brings up a window where you can access parts in the current library without having to go back to the library page. I think the settings menu is still the only way to change libraries (for now). The way I bring up the library quick load window is by doing a two-finger tap on a piece and I had to enable that option through the touch settings. I'm not sure if there's any other way of enabling it - possibly through a pedal action or smart button? Not sure. But, yeah, not a quick library change, just quick access to the current library.
Guy

Thanks Guy, it seems I was missing something after all  Cool
Hey Lawrie,

there might have been a misunderstanding about the word "library". I believe what you are looking for (and what this thread is about) is a way to quickly jump between e.g. 2 songs. As BRX said you can use the library quick load window for that and this works quickly and without a problem. You can find the window by bringing up the song overlay:

1) click in the middle of the screen when your first song is opened
2) click on the leftmost icon in the bottom left corner (a triangle facing downward)
3) click on "Show library video"
4) the library quick load window is shown

You can resize it by pulling at the double arrow in the bottom left to put it somewhere it does not disturb you and you can select the fitting library by clicking on the top middle bar and/or filtering with the search icon. If you want to go a step further you can set up an even shorter shortcut for it as Guy does with his 2-finger-tap.

If you really want to switch the whole library then that is a different topic. But that would not have anything to do with the topic of this thread because you would not quickly switch between 2 different songs you want to work on at once, but switch between entire different "shelves" of books of collections of songs. (In my opinion I consider the switching of libraries a bit unnecessary because I think the same can be achieved by using collections but there seem to be very different philosophies about the basic setup of the database between the users of this forum Smile)

Hope that helps!
Malte
Hey Malte,
thanks for the reply.

I am indeed looking for an improved way to switch libraries, not just songs within a library.
I play in *too many bands that often play the same songs, but with vastly different genres and arrangements.

*according to my wife  Angel

After learning about MSP's song management philosophy I determined that the most logical way to arrange things to suit my preferences was to disable MSP's file management and manage directory structures myself.

This allows me to create a parent directory (folder if you prefer) for each band, then subdirectories for each instrument I play in each band (depending on circumstances, in some of the bands I play Tuba, Trombone, and sometimes Euphonium).  As each instruments parts are different I prefer to logically separate them in instrument folders.  This will also make it much easier to add an instrument (say Trumpet, or Bass Trombone, or even a different Trombone seat -2nd instead of 1st etc.)

Example directory structure:
Band1
  • Trom1
  • Trom2
  • Tuba
Band2
  • Trom1
  • Trom2
  • Trom3(Bass)
  • Tuba
  • Eupho
Band3
  • Trom1
Band4
  • Trom1
  • Trom2
  • Trom3
  • Trom4(Bass)
etc.

I also have separate libraries for each band.  I use collections to group each instruments parts to make access within MSP easier (If I'm playing tuba in a concert, it's unlikely I'm playing trombone or euphonium in *that* concert as well.  Of course, that isn't a hard and fast rule - anything might happen Big Grin ).

All that said, I did find a useful hint in accessing the current library without going all the way back to the main screen which is welcome.

Of course, setlists are setlists and used as expected.

The ability to change libraries quickly is more useful when I'm doing file/database management.  I don't foresee a need to change libraries during a concert, but stranger things have happened.

Lawrie