• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coloured Text For Song Titles
Hi Mike

Can I request that you consider adding an extra field to the Edit Song option which shows "Text Colour:" after the Title field.

All the members of my band (with three singers) use Mobilesheets and when we practice we use a round-robin where each member takes a turn in choosing a song from 110 songs.

If we could colour the song titles in standard colours, say red, blue, green, etc. then we could pick the next song for a particular singer by just glancing at the relevant titles in a particular colour.

I think this is, by far, the easiest way to do it. Extra text on the title doesn't help and I don't really want to reorder the song collection.

If the coloured titles carry over when constructing a set list then we can easily see if we've got a good balance between singers and number of songs, etc.

I will be very grateful if you will give this some consideration.

Many thanks for a great piece of software.

Regards

LSU_Baz
How about writing the name of the singer into a database field, e.g. a Collection or Custom and configure "Song Title Formatting" so that the name of the singer is shown?
I would display the singer's name as the first field in "Caption" so it is shown leftmost in the second line of every song. Additionally having the soinger available in a database field allows flexible ways to filter by singer, e.g. exclude all songs of a singer in case he or she is not available.
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

(09-27-2024, 12:36 AM)itsme Wrote: How about writing the name of the singer into a database field, e.g. a Collection or Custom and configure "Song Title Formatting" so that the name of the singer is shown?
I would display the singer's name as the first field in "Caption" so it is shown leftmost in the second line of every song. Additionally having the soinger available in a database field allows flexible ways to filter by singer, e.g. exclude all songs of a singer in case he or she is not available.

Thanks for your input but I don't want to clutter the collection with extra text. Do you not agree that coloured text is an excellent way to solve my problem?
Some other users have asked for the ability to color song titles, so it's on my list of things to do at some point.

Mike
(09-27-2024, 03:35 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Some other users have asked for the ability to color song titles, so it's on my list of things to do at some point.

Mike

OK 
Thanks Mike.
I  proposed a solution for your task that works immediately, just using features that are already available, without causing additional effort for Mike
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de