• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Degraded PDF rendering quality
I noticed that recently PDF rendering quality has degraded on my Boox. Music now looks fuzzy and blurry, as do my handwriting annotations. Some thin lines, like note stems and lines in the staff, are hard to even see at all. 

I installed a firmware update recently so that is suspect but I can't pinpoint exactly when this started happening.

I used Android screenshot functionality to grab a demonstration and oddly enough the image that created looks nice and clear...like things used to look. To show what I actually see on screen I took a picture of the device. 

Any ideas?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

If the screenshot looks good but the physical display doesn't, how does the display look when running something other than mobilesheets?

Maybe your screen is dying.
If you're a zombie and you know it, bite your friend!
We got both kinds of music: Country AND Western
(10-19-2024, 01:27 PM)Frank Cox Wrote: If the screenshot looks good but the physical display doesn't, how does the display look when running something other than mobilesheets?

Maybe your screen is dying.

The device and display itself seem fine. For example, PDFs look great using NeoReader or whatever their built-in reader is called. Everything else looks fine. If I zoom in enough on the PDF in MobileSheets it also looks OK.
I would try to reset the Boox optimization settings (E-Ink Center > Optimize > Reset all) or maybe first changing to a different Boox display mode to see if this changes something.
It definitely seems like an issue caused by the firmware update. Can you try disabling all BOOX optimizations for MobileSheets (long press the icon on the home page->Optimize and disable most if not all of them)? I just want to know if that has any impact.

Mike
(10-20-2024, 05:53 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: It definitely seems like an issue caused by the firmware update. Can you try disabling all BOOX optimizations for MobileSheets (long press the icon on the home page->Optimize and disable most if not all of them)? I just want to know if that has any impact.

Mike

Optimize -> Reset All fixed it. So happy to see it looking good again. 

Oddly enough, I first tried 'Master Switch' which seems to disable optimizations entirely and that had no effect. Then I did 'Reset All' and even though that didn't seem to actually toggle or change anything, it did fix the issue.