MobileSheets Forums
Error with Dropbox Importing - Printable Version

+- MobileSheets Forums (https://www.zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum)
+-- Forum: Support (https://www.zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: MobileSheets (Android) (https://www.zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: Error with Dropbox Importing (/thread-11782.html)

Error with Dropbox Importing - amester1981 - 07-20-2024

Hello, 
I have multiple users importing from a Dropbox Folder in order to import 800+ files of string quartet music. When I add new music, I ask the musicians to Import again and tick 'avoid duplicates' as a way of being able to import just the new things. 
It's been working smoothly so far. 
However, in the last month, I have had 3-4 users experience an error message and they are unable to import the new PDFs that have entered the Dropbox folder (without going in and manually selecting individual items, which I'd like to avoid as it runs the risk of people missing PDFs when there are lots of new PDFs to import)
 "Unable to read file from Dropbox. k4b@ece0b8d. Reported error - HO.u. Unable to resolve host "content.dropboxapi.com" No address associated with hostname." 

Can you help ? It's happening for some users, but not others (all Android).

RE: Error with Dropbox Importing - Zubersoft - 07-21-2024

It's hard to find information on why that might be happening. I looked up that error and Dropbox responded to another person that reported is as follows:

Based on the error message you posted, this is failing because your machine was unable to look up the 'content.dropboxapi.com' host. That's the correct hostname, and it is resolving correctly for me.

That being the case it appears to be an issue with your DNS server, which is out of our control. Please check on your DNS server to see why it is not returning a result for content.dropboxapi.com.

I don't know why those users would be experiencing a DNS Lookup error though, or why it would have suddenly happened in the last month. I have not made any changes to MobileSheets since April. I've seen some other users saying their connection to the Dropbox server failed during an upload/download. So it could just be a temporary connection issue.

Mike

RE: Error with Dropbox Importing - amester1981 - 07-25-2024

(07-21-2024, 03:56 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: It's hard to find information on why that might be happening. I looked up that error and Dropbox responded to another person that reported is as follows:

Based on the error message you posted, this is failing because your machine was unable to look up the 'content.dropboxapi.com' host. That's the correct hostname, and it is resolving correctly for me.

That being the case it appears to be an issue with your DNS server, which is out of our control. Please check on your DNS server to see why it is not returning a result for content.dropboxapi.com.

I don't know why those users would be experiencing a DNS Lookup error though, or why it would have suddenly happened in the last month. I have not made any changes to MobileSheets since April. I've seen some other users saying their connection to the Dropbox server failed during an upload/download. So it could just be a temporary connection issue.

Mike

Hello, it is now happening across multiple users, on different tablets and using different WiFi. All trying to access folders on the same Dropbox account (although aoo accessing a slightly different folder corresponding to their part.) I'm now getting a lot of WhatsApp messages with the same screenshot. Please help!

RE: Error with Dropbox Importing - Zubersoft - 07-26-2024

I can't reproduce any issues with Dropbox on any of my tablets, so this is not going to be something I can even investigate. If you need a workaround, install the Dropbox app, log into the account using the app, and then you can use Import->System File Browser in MobileSheets and select the Dropbox app in the left panel. You should then be able to import files through the Dropbox app. I will update the Dropbox library for the next update, so we can see if that helps with the issue at all. Also, just to verify, is this all on Android devices? You posted in the Android subforum, so I'm assuming that is the case, but I just want to check.

Mike