• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How to for a pedal
Unfortunately, no, I have no idea what's happening with that. It sounds like the remote control is interfering with the volume control monitoring in MobileSheets if you hit one of those other buttons. I can't imagine why that would be though... Without having access to that specific control for testing, I can only guess as to what might be happening, so there aren't really any changes I can make without knowing the source of the problem. Does the remote control start switching the OS volume once that happens? If you go to Settings->Touch & Pedal Settings->Pedal Actions, tap the field for pedal 1, clear the keys, press one of the non-volume buttons and then press the volume up or down, does it show up on the dialog?

Mike
Hi Mike,

It is currently possible to control the switching in MSP with the remote control via the plus and minus button (louder and softer). I did this under Settings->Touch & Pedal Settings->Pedal Actions for pedal 1. Pressing Plus switches to the next page or to the next track in the set list. The same works in the other direction with the minus button. Each time the key is pressed, the volume display of the iPad is shown. Switching in MSP works until the volume has reached either the minimum or the maximum. After that, switching in the respective direction is no longer possible.

Switching via the plus and minus buttons is also blocked if another app is using the volume control at the same time, e.g. music player or the player in the Safari browser.

And another case: No switching/shifting via the Plus and Minus buttons after pressing one of the other buttons on the remote control (Back, Forward, Play/Pause). When these keys are pressed, no message/display appears on the screen. When the Plus and Minus buttons are pressed, only the volume display is shown on the iPad screen. The volume up/down works, but unfortunately no switching in the MSP. To reactivate this, I first have to close MSP completely and restart it. Then everything works again.

I hope I was able to explain the situation to you in a way that you can understand.

Bernd
I did some research, found a different way to monitor volume and it works even after switching to other apps and playing music back in them. I also was able to test with my AirTurn Digit III which has media playback buttons in mode 4, so I am confident this should all be fixed for you with version 3.8.7.

Thanks,
Mike
I had high hopes for the last update that I could use my cheap remotes on the iPad with their volumes signals. But I have to report, I had no success so far, so I'm hoping for the next update.

So that you know what I'm working with, I'm looking for a small device to put on my left index finger which I can use with my left thumb.

For now I'm using one of this kind (not this exact article)

https://de.aliexpress.com/item/1005005534343493.html

tied to my finger. This worked fine with both buttons which I configured with paging forward and backwards on my Windows Surface Book I used before I bought an iPad.

On the iPad there was just one of the buttons working, the other still just displays the volume panel. But it's a workable solution for now since I mostly page forward anyway.

I tried other options though. For instance

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B0B9SQ4G35

and

https://de.aliexpress.com/item/1005004333214221.html  (which I'd really like to work since that's exactly the size I'd like to have)

which connect fine to the iPad, but can't be configured to work with MS. In both cases there show up small grey circles on the screen which move when a button is pressed. So there are signals
read by the iPad which maybe can be processed somehow, but aren't so far by the iPad. 

I'll test again when the new update is available.
Hi Mike, 

I just wanted to say thank you so much. Since version 3.8.7. the remote control works perfectly. Thank you very much for developing a bugfix so fast. Best regards, Bernd
I'm glad to hear that! You are very welcome - thanks for the feedback on the feature.

Mike
It may not be for this section buy I can't get my Donner page Turner foot pedal turn pages back! It goes forward on one setting but nothing else on others - Any suggestions?
As with any pedal, the first thing you should do is check the configuration. Please follow these steps:

1) Load MobileSheets, tap the three dots at the top right and then Settings.
2) Tap Touch & Pedal Settings and then Pedal Actions
3) Tap the "Keys" field for Pedal 1.
4) Tap the "Clear" button on the dialog.
5) Press a pedal switch. If a key shows up, that's a good sign. If it does not, the pedal is not communicating properly with your device.
6) If a key shows up, tap OK, then select the action you want that pedal to trigger from the dropdown below the keys field. Repeat these steps for pedal 2.

The question is whether you have configured the right key command for the pedal action to go to the previous page.

Mike
Greetings Mike - Many thanks for most useful guide - solved my issues and also expains why the pedal worked on my laptop but not ipad. Excellent service - Ed