• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Editing of Metadata for a List of Selected Songs
Is is possible to create an editing function whereby one can select a number of songs either individually one by one or as a group by using filters and then have each selected songs listed as a row in a grid like a spreadsheet and have the metadata that one like to edit selected and displayed as columns in the grid.  This will allow one to glance at all the data quickly and edit whichever cell one like by adding or modifying the information in each cell.  This will allow for quick and easy editing of selected metadata in selected songs that one can choose to fit their particular need.  The metadata that I am particularly interested in editing using something like this are tempo, duration and MIDI commands.
Multi-select already works fine.
If you select a number of songs and click "edit" a modified song editor window is opened where you can do what you requested
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

Editing MIDI commands is not available in the mentioned "batch edit" window. Tempo and Duration can be edited.
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

What you are asking for is not really something I plan to add in MobileSheets itself, as implementing a spreadsheet-like functionality with editing capabilities wouldn't work well in a touch-based app in my opinion (especially on smaller screens like a phone), and there isn't something available in the frameworks on each platform to implement that (I'd have to look for custom UI components or roll my own). What I may do is add support for it in the companion app itself, as it already uses a grid for displaying the data, so I would just need to make it an editable grid with easy ways to undo changes if needed. The other possibility is I will just support importing/exporting csv files for handling metadat. If I do that, you can export your metadata, modify it in excel (or whatever spreadsheet application you want to use) then reimport the file to update the metadata. This is going to be quite tricky to deal with though, as I'll have to have extensive error handling in place to handle typos, invalid data, etc.

Mike
Thanks for mentioning the Companion App.  I have not really use the Companion App that much but I think it may help me to scan thru some of the information in various fields easily.  As updating thru a grid like format is not going to be possible, having a way to view the information in a grid like list thru the Companion App will help me find the songs that are missing certain data in certain fields and I can then edit and add the data manually song by song.  I added a column for the MIDI Number to the Companion screen but nothing is displaying on that column even though I have some MIDI information entered into some of the songs.  Not sure what is supposed to be displayed in the MIDI Number column. I use mainly the MIDI Patch Select Command and it would be great if I can see which song I have added a MIDI Patch Select command under the MIDI Number Column. Down the road if possible, it would be great if I can update the Label, Command Type, MSB, LSB , Value and Enable the Send on Song Load switch for songs thru the Companion App.