• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Save Sync-Path for every library (QoL)
Hello everyone,

first of all, I would like to thank you for all the effort that went into this software.

I use Mobilesheets on my Windows computer and with Android. Ultimately, I manage all my songs on my PC and synchronize them via G-Drive using the “Sync Libraries” command. The bandmates also always get the current status when I change something.
This works perfectly.

Since I work in two different groups, I also use the feature that you can have different libraries. So that all the songs don't mix together. This also works perfectly.

Now I might have an idea for a quality-of-life update - if it hasn't already been suggested.
When I change the library and want to synchronize, MobilSheets always remembers the last sync path that I used.
This often leads to people forgetting to change the directory in G-Drive and then everything is diligently deleted or all songs from one band are thrown onto the other band.

One idea might be to use the various libraries to save your own last paths to (in this case) G-Drive. So the saved variable for the last path is not on the global level, but on the library level.

I hope you understand what I mean. So such a mistake cannot happen due to my own stupidity.

That would just be my idea. Sorry for my English, it's not my native language, so now everything will sound a bit Google Translate-ish.

Greetings
Key
I am not opposed to this, but I'd certainly like to hear feedback from other users as well. I could also see it being slightly tedious if a user wants to be able to save the same paths for each library (so that they don't have to reselect the previous folder during imports, for example) but then I no longer support that.

Mike
Hi Mike,
absolutely understandable, maybe a few more people have an opinion about it and I'm not the only idiot who uses the program like this and therefore notices it.

Thank you very much for your answer!
Having each library remember its most recent sync file path would work well for me. Loading the sync folders takes a bit of time on my devices (~5s maybe) so when it's loading the wrong one when it first opens I have to wait until it's finished loading before I can go up a level and choose the right one. Choosing the right folder from the level up is much quicker because you can just long-press it to select it without having to open it first. Because of that the other good option for me would be for the sync file picker to always go to the folder that contains the folders for all the various library syncs but I imagine that would be much harder to do so remembering the path for each library would be great.
Guy
Thanks for providing the feedback Guy. Hopefully a few more will chime in as well.

Mike
Hey Mike, that would be a "me too" in preparation for when I need to do syncs.
You're only paranoid if you're wrong  Cool
I'm using an Onyx Boox Tab X, and play low brass: mainly 'Bone and Tuba
Came here to request this feature just to find it was already requestet. So +1.