• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Autocrop losing sides on old Samsung TAB A
Hi

I have a new Samsung S9+ (running UI 6.1) and an older Samsung Tab A (running UI 3.1) and too old to update to a newer version. The larger screen is the newer S9+ and belongs to my wife. 

I imported the same PDF sheet from dropbox with autocrop. Both page scaling modes are set to "Fit Height".

Looking at the picture .... 
The S9+ displays the sheet as expected and all the text is on the screen; the Tab A crops the pages too much on the sides. It does show ok if you use one of the other display modes though there are black bars at the bottom. 

Question: Is there another setting, or is the Tab A just too old. If so, I will just have to buy another or use a different display mode...it would have been good to take on holiday rather than my PC. 

Thanks 

- Andy

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Use Page Scaling Mode "Fit Screen" instead of "Fit Height"
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

Hi

Thanks but as I mentioned:   It does show ok if you use one of the other display modes though there are black bars at the bottom. 
The point is that this works fine on a newer Samsung.

- Andy 
It just depends on the aspect ratio of the device versus the aspect ratio of the file. If you set it to "Fit Height" on the older tablet, the page is stretched to fit the full height of the screen, but this pushes the edges of the page off the sides, because the tablet has a widescreen aspect ratio, not a 4:3 like most A4 pages. If you set it to "Fit Screen", then it leaves a space at the bottom, because it enlarges it as much as possible until the sides of the page hit the sides of the screen. Your new tablet has an aspect ratio closer to 4:3, so you don't have this problem. So in short, you either have to accept black space with "Fit Screen", set it to "Full screen" and have the page be slightly distorted, or you have to crop the file to match the aspect ratio of the tablet.

Mike
Thanks Mike. Appreciate your time. 

- Andy