• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connection to Yamaha CK88 (or 61)
Hi All ?

I use a Samsung Galaxy tablet with the Mobile Sheets app. It connects to my Korg PA4X with a USB cable. When I load the next song in the set, with a Bluetooth page turner, it sends a song number over MIDI to the Korg, and the Korg automatically switches to the ‘song’ or patch for the sounds, splits, layers etc that are needed for that song. Magic!

My son has the same tablet/app platform. He is thinking of buying a Yamaha CK88 and, before he does, he would like to know if he can manage the Yamaha ‘Live Sets’ in the same way.

I see, from the CK88, manual that it has USB ports and it says that you can “Use smart device apps to manage the Live Set Sounds…”

I messaged Yamaha product support who promptly replied:

“The 'Live Set' within the CK88 do have a MSB, LSB & PC numbers the same as the 'Registration Memory' buttons on other instruments have.

“However I am not aware of whether these 'Live Set' buttons can be linked to the app that you are using on your Samsung tablet as this is not something that we have tested with the Mobile Sheets app.”

Does anyone on here use a Yamaha CK88 (or 61) with their Mobile Sheets, please?

Or can anyone tell from Yamaha’s answer that they should be compatible?

Many thanks, Alan
I can't say with 100% certainty that the two will be compatible, but the "Patch Select" message message in MobileSheets sends the MSB, LSB & PC numbers that Yamaha mentioned, which is a pretty generic thing, so I imagine it should work just fine.

Mike
(07-10-2024, 04:25 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: I can't say with 100% certainty that the two will be compatible, but the "Patch Select" message message in MobileSheets sends the MSB, LSB & PC numbers that Yamaha mentioned, which is a pretty generic thing, so I imagine it should work just fine.

Mike

Thanks very much, Mike. as always, you're a star :-)

alan