• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Merge files
Question 
Hello, I'm facing an situation where some movement scores of the same piece are separated into multiple files in my folders, and therefore take up multiple lines in the library interface (e.g. "Mass of [name] - Kyrie", "Mass of [name] - Gloria", etc.)
I thus looked for a way to merge those files into one directly from MS, or at least to access them all from a single entry in the library interface.
Is there already a workaround to do so?
Could that be an interesting feature to be implemented?
There is no option to merge songs at the moment, because it gets incredibly messy with trying to merge annotations, files, bookmarks, link points, etc. So my advice is to embed the annotations in all files but the first, remove those files from those songs, add them all to the first song, and then recreate any link points, smart buttons, bookmarks, etc.

Mike
Isn't it enough just to add several files to a single song in MSP and crop as required?
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

I have the same issue. 

I am going to put all the movements into a Setlist. 

I think Setlists allow you to turn the page at the end of one song and start the next.

Is this correct?

Can we have nested Setlists, please?
I'm with itsme here.

If you add the files to one song as suggested you have more or less a "nested setlist" because the files are nested in the song.
You can't jump in the setlist to the different movements, but is that really required?

(You can still make jumps with bookmarks, smart buttons or link points I guess if you need them).
I am never going to support nested setlists. The only thing I'm considering is a new tab that allows setlists to be grouped, and I may consider allowing grouped setlists to all be loaded at once in a new temporary setlist, but I'm not sure if that would really provide any value.

Mike
(07-18-2024, 03:24 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: I am never going to support nested setlists. The only thing I'm considering is a new tab that allows setlists to be grouped, and I may consider allowing grouped setlists to all be loaded at once in a new temporary setlist, but I'm not sure if that would really provide any value.

Mike

Is it worth considering a "Medley" list that could be used as an entry in a set list?

In my reading the various fora here, there seems to be a bit of use of set lists for grouping several songs as a medley rather than the usual idea of a set list.  Seems to be common in Irish music and similar folk type settings.

Of course, an easy way around this is for a user to simply create a new "song" in the database and add pages from several different existing PDFs in the required order.

FWIW I'm just thinking "out loud" here, I have no use for this functionality myself, at least not at the moment.
You're only paranoid if you're wrong  Cool
I'm using an Onyx Boox Tab X, and play low brass: mainly 'Bone and Tuba
A medley function could be useful for multi-movement works in classical music too - the movements sometimes need to be dealt with individually and sometimes as a unit with the other movements. Hardly a deal breaker though