• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stuck In Night Mode - Information Only
Hi Mike

Tried Night mode for the first time this evening (still using 3.8.43).
It selected Night mode ok but after a couple of songs, I decided to change back to normal.
Went to settings and found that, although I was in Night Mode, the box wasn't ticked.

Had several attempts at toggling the box to try and turn it off
Rebooted the tablet, still in night mode and box not ticked

Came back home and plugged tablet in prior to loading the latest version (whatever that is)
Looked at Night Mode - it was selected.
Turned if off and lo and behold it now works in normal mode.

No idea what was going on and why it started working again.

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
That's very weird Geoff. If you ever encounter it again, try instead toggling it on/off by bringing up the song overlay, tapping the second icon at the bottom left and then tapping "Night Mode" to see if that fixes the issue. I'll keep an eye out for the issue though, but I've tested night mode many times and never seen that occur (I usually toggle it on/off through the overlay though).

Mike
Many thanks for the reply

Just tried again

Settings/ Display/ check Use Dark Theme
Display a set list and choose a song (it is in dark mode)
Settings/ Display/ Dark Theme is unchecked!

Using 2nd icon as you suggest does clear the Dark Theme

Should be an easy fix for a man of your calibre (unless it doesn't have the same effect on your tablets)

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
Dark theme doesn't flip the night mode. That just changes whether the colors are inverted on the library screen. Did you mean to reference the Night mode setting? Or was the source of the problem? Did you flip on night mode but then were trying to toggle the "Use Dark Theme" setting to turn it off? Just to clarify

Dark theme - Inverts just the library screen
Night mode - Inverts both the library and songs/setlists

Thanks,
Mike
I only used Settings Dark Theme - I wasn't aware of the night mode until you mentioned it.

On Wednesday, Settings inverted both library and songs.
It also did the same tonight for my previous post.

Just retried Settings and this time it only changed the library screens - possibly because I tried night mode for the first time at the end of my previous post.

Looking at Settings Dark Theme, the tick mark now appears to be consistent with the display of the library screens.

I'm guessing that some variable wasn't properly initialised and using Night mode has now corrected that.

Many thanks
Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
Just tried another experiment

Dark Mode Off, Night Mode Off

Dark Mode On - library changes, Songs as normal

Night Mode On - both library and songs are changed

Settings, unchecked dark - library and songs still dark - I would have expected library to have reverted

Unchecked Night mode, normal library and songs
----------------------------------------------------------------

Dark Mode Off, Night Mode Off

Display Song and Choose Night Mode
Back to library screen - this is dark
Settings Dark Theme is not ticked
----------------------------------------------------------------
This is probably how you want to display but I would have expected 3 states for Dark Mode (equivalent to off, ticked and implicitly ticked). This would make Dark Mode consistent with how the library screens are displayed (but no idea what you do if someone unticks an "implict tick")

Anyway, my problem seems to be resolved

Many thanks
Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
Night mode overrides the dark theme setting. If you enable night mode, it inverts everything. So I may decide to collapse those two settings into one with multiple options for what is inverted in the future.

Mike
Many thanks MIke

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6