• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MobileSheets crashing on iPad Pro
I replaced a file and and audio track, ever since, MobileSheets keeps crashing when I've used the playback window.
Member Cali Rose & The CC Strummers; Bass Uke, Tenor Uke, Blues Harmonica, Tech Advisor
Please long press the song on the library screen and tap Share->Export as .msf and send the .msf to mike@zubersoft.com. I'll take a look at it on my iPad to see if it crashes for me as well.

Thanks,
Mike
Done. I'll keep my eyes open for when it happens again.
Member Cali Rose & The CC Strummers; Bass Uke, Tenor Uke, Blues Harmonica, Tech Advisor
Just crashed again after using the meta data screen to replace two song sheets. I was playing a third song, for which I opened the audio control window, moved the slider to about the middle of the track and finished the song. I have audio attached to each song. When I closed that window, it crashed. When I relaunched MS, it was not on the song where I stopped, it was on the Songs list.
It sounds like the audio backend may be at fault then. Please open the audio player, tap the settings icon at the top right and uncheck "Use advanced audio player". This would switch to using Apple's Core Audio for the playback. Can you see if this resolves the issue? If that's already unchecked, what type of audio files are you using? There is a known issue with mp4 files that will be addressed with the next update. It's best to use mp3 files in the meantime.

Thanks,
Mike
(07-28-2024, 05:36 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: It sounds like the audio backend may be at fault then. Please open the audio player, tap the settings icon at the top right and uncheck "Use advanced audio player". This would switch to using Apple's Core Audio for the playback. Can you see if this resolves the issue? If that's already unchecked, what type of audio files are you using? There is a known issue with mp4 files that will be addressed with the next update. It's best to use mp3 files in the meantime.

Thanks,
Mike

I don't have 'Use advanced' checked and I only import mp3. I'll keep my eyes open. Sunday I'm rehearsing the setlist with my group, then through the week I'll probably need to modify more song sheets, but not any audio tracks.
It just happened again. I had the audio player open and I moved the playhead near the last 10 seconds, touched play and touched again to close the player. It played to the end and crashed. 'Use advanced audio player' is not checked. I was able to repeat this three times. I then checked 'Use advanced audio player' and it did not crash.
Hopefully the fix I have in place for the next update will address that then.

Thanks,
Mike