• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reset everything to default
There are a number of players in my group who are considering making the switch away from paper music. I am planning a little demo to show off what MobileSheets can do.

During the time I've been using MobileSheets, I have of course loaded a bunch of music and tweaked many settings. I do not remember every setting I've changed to make everything behave the way I like.

What I'd like to do is TEMPORARILY completely reset my tablet the way it would look for a new user for purposes of the demo, then when I'm done get everything back.

I have created a new library and activated it. I have exported my settings to a .mcf file, then 'Reset Settings to Default'. That got me close, but I noticed for example that some annotation settings I changed are still hanging around (e.g. Stylus Mode, Hide the radial menu).

Is there something else I need to do to replicate an 'out of the box' experience?

Thanks
I think what you've done should be all you need to do. The problem is that some settings may have been partially cached, so just make sure to fully close the app, then start it back up and then you should have an experience that matches the default. I am surprised that you didn't see the annotation settings fully reset though, because MobileSheets should cause an app restart after you reset the settings, and the annotations editor should be reinitialized.

Mike
Restarting app after resetting settings to default did the trick.
Thanks!
Was this on Android, Windows or iOS? It works fine on Android, but I'm guessing I may need to add some changes on the other platforms, so I wanted to check with you first.

Thanks,
Mike
Lenovo P12 running Android 14

Thanks for the amazing follow up supporting this product!
It shows in the quality of the product!
Thanks for the info, and you are very welcome! I do my best to respond as quickly as I can.

Mike