• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tell new from old version?
Sometimes it occurse that I come across two versions of the same Song. The names differ slightly, but they are the same, only the names are slightly different. Now I want to know which is the newest version. Is it possible to see somewhere the date of the file when it was saved or stocked into the database?
That would make it easier, to delete the older version.
You can change the sort order.
Maybe open a collection, or the Songs tab, or whatever will get them all in the display.
If the list includes songs you don't want to deal with, just put enough information in the Search field to limit the list to the required songs (assuming the names are similar enough for this to work), then change the sort at the top of the display.

Don't forget to restore the sort when you're finished.
You're only paranoid if you're wrong  Cool
I'm using an Onyx Boox Tab X, and play low brass: mainly 'Bone and Tuba
(08-11-2024, 07:58 PM)Lawrie Wrote: You can change the sort order.

Thank you, this is a good hint and help!
I know found out, that there is a field for title formatting witch contains the creation date or the change date. This is also a good help.
But it seems to me, that you have no chance to get this information when you have opened the song?
If you use title formatting, you can also enable "Always show the title bar", but I don't like to use this as it shrinks the chart to make room for the title bar.

However, if you open the song and touch the centre of the screen (I don't recall the name of this feature) as if you were going to, say, crop the song, the formatted title will appear in the title bar that shows while this is active.
You're only paranoid if you're wrong  Cool
I'm using an Onyx Boox Tab X, and play low brass: mainly 'Bone and Tuba
I know you are wanting to see this into when song is opened, but if you're just doing clean-up / maintenance, you can look in the MS directory in your files app outside of MS. It's easy to see the time stamps of all the files.