• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
File export fails
Hi Mike,

I have a problem exporting a song. This has been imported using a csv file. When I try to export this song I get the following error message:

Export operation failed. Ensure the song
is not missing files, restart the application
and try again

When I share the same song it works perfectly.
The problem occurs on my galaxy tab s7 as well as on my S20 phone.

The export works on my Huawei tablet.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE Android 12
Samsung Note Pro 12.2 LineageOS 14.1
Huawei Media Pad M3 lite Android 7
Please share using Share->Export as .msf and share that with mike@zubersoft.com. Also please go to Settings->Backup and Restore->Export Settings and send the .mcf file as well. I'd like to test with the same file and settings you are using on an Android 14 device to see if I can reproduce the issue. It seems to me if it works properly from your Huawei that there could be an OS version related problem.

Thanks,
Mike
Hi Mike,

my galaxy S20 is running Android 13 and my Tab S7 is still on Android 12.

If i try to export the msf file local to the device i get again an error.
i tested it, and Sharing works only if i share it direktly via Whatsapp or similar.

Failed to create file /storage/
emulated/0/Documents/The Lost.msf. 
Check tosee if the SD card is full or the
directory is read-only.

it seems to be an permission problem but all permissions are granted i think

I will send you the settings seperate via email
That may mean that MobileSheets does not currently have permissions granted to access your storage. You need to check two things:

1) Go to your tablet settings->Apps
2) Tap the three dots at the top right, then Special Access->All files access
3) Toggle the "all files access" permission on for MobileSheets
4) Now start MobileSheets and see if your files load properly. You may also need to go back to your tablet settings->Apps->MobileSheets->Permissions and verify that the "Storage" permission has been turned on.

Google can revoke granted permissions under certain circumstances (such as not using the app for a while), and the app would normally prompt the user to grant the permission again, but the "All files access" one is handled a little differently, as it's technically optional and I didn't want to constantly badger users that left it off.

I just want to have you check that in case it's related.

Mike
On my tab s7 Android 12 point 3) is turned on and 4) i can see the storage permission. But there is no toggle.
On my s20 Android 13 point 3) ist turned on, 4) i do not see storage permission.

The files load properly i just can't export them to the device.
But it has something to do with the song. I could export Other Songs. Only when i try to export some Songs that are imported via csv then i get the error message.
I will give you access to the pdf and csv file for this example via email
The error is caused by a tab character having been inserted into your song title which is causing a failure with the generated output file name (which is trying to insert a tab, but it causes the file to fail to be saved by the PDF ilbrary either because of the OS not allowing a tab a character in the filename or some other restriction). For an example of where this is occuring, the first song title is:

The Lost Circle_<tab>001 Soprano

It will show up like a space in the song editor because Google's text edit control just displays the tab as a single space for whatever reason. So just erase that character for all of the song titles, and then it should work fine. As a side note, your csv file is the one causing the tab to be inserted, as I can see that you have a tab between _ and the number for every song title. I am going to update the code to strip out tabs from song titles to prevent this problem.

Mike
Ohhh thanks a lot Mike.

I did not realize that a TAB had crept in when creating the csv file.

You can only see this in Excel in the editing bar, not in the cell itself.
I will pay attention to this when creating.

Thanks for looking into it.