• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pedal page turner
Hi I recently purchased a generic pedal page turner.  I can successfully pair it to my tablet. I have followed the instructions to setup page turning. I have set switch one to previous page and switch two to next page.  However whenever I press one of the pedal switches, instead of moving to the next or previous page, MobileSheets simply loads the radial menu.  So clearly MobileSheets is recognising the that the a pedal switch has been pressed, but does not no take the action I intended. Am I setting this up incorrectly or is there another issue or perhaps some other settings I need to change. Many thanks - Shaun
If you go to Settings->Touch & Pedal Settings->Pedal Actions, tap the Keys field for pedal 1, tap clear and press the left pedal switch, what key is displayed? What about the right pedal for pedal 2? I would like to know what keys that pedal is sending before proceeding further, as I definitely can't reproduce what you are seeing. Does everything work fine when you aren't annotating (as the radial menu is only shown when annotating)? Or are you saying the pedal is entering the annotation editor?

Mike
Hi Thankyou do much for your swift response. 

When in the setting pedal mode, after I hit clear and then press the pedal switch nothing actually appears in the keys field.  Instead I see a mouse like cursor appears on the screen and it swipes either right or left.   When I subsequently try to use the pedal to do a page turn, (you are quite correct),  hitting either pedal  switch causes MSheets to enter radial mode.  If I hit the switch again within a few seconds the exact same cursor action I mentioned takes place and my sheet get annotated with a horizontal line.   So it seems to me that the pedal is not sending the message MSheets expects, but nevertheless MSheets knows exactly when the switch is pressed, so surely I should be able to get it to action page turn rather than starting radial mode.
I have an M-VAVE (Not M-Wave like I thought I was buying) "Cube Turner" and it has a similar problem.  

It turns out that even though I was switching my pedal on in Android mode I suspect it was actually coming up in IOS mode (I have an Android tablet).  I just changed to switching it on in IOS mode and it works just fine.  I suspect the switch is installed/wired backwards OR the labelling on the foot pedal is wrong.
You're only paranoid if you're wrong  Cool
I'm using an Onyx Boox Tab X, and play low brass: mainly 'Bone and Tuba
Since my last reply I have done some investigation into the pedal. It seems that it can only send very limited signals to Android.  I can send swipe left, swipe right, swipe up and swipe down.  Given these limitations is it possible to get this to work with Mobilesheets or have I wasted my money? Thanks - Shaun
(09-14-2024, 07:04 PM)Lawrie Wrote: I have an M-VAVE (Not M-Wave like I thought I was buying) "Cube Turner" and it has a similar problem.  

It turns out that even though I was switching my pedal on in Android mode I suspect it was actually coming up in IOS mode (I have an Android tablet).  I just changed to switching it on in IOS mode and it works just fine.  I suspect the switch is installed/wired backwards OR the labelling on the foot pedal is wrong.

Hi Lawrie. I already tried that switch on mine. I does nothing at all in IOS mode, so I guess that I have a different problem.
Unfortunately, a pedal that emulates swipes like that will not work properly with MobileSheets, as the app can't monitor for swipes specifically from a pedal (it will appear as though it was a finger swiping on part of the screen). It has to be a pedal that sends key commands like page up/page down.

Mike
(09-15-2024, 07:09 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Unfortunately, a pedal that emulates swipes like that will not work properly with MobileSheets, as the app can't monitor for swipes specifically from a pedal (it will appear as though it was a finger swiping on part of the screen). It has to be a pedal that sends key commands like page up/page down.

Mike

Hi. That is exactly what I expected you to say. never mind, as a friend of mine always says "Buy cheap, buy twice!"

Thanks - Shaun
(09-15-2024, 09:53 PM)shaunyman Wrote:
(09-15-2024, 07:09 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Unfortunately, a pedal that emulates swipes like that will not work properly with MobileSheets, as the app can't monitor for swipes specifically from a pedal (it will appear as though it was a finger swiping on part of the screen). It has to be a pedal that sends key commands like page up/page down.

Mike

Hi. That is exactly what I expected you to say. never mind, as a friend of mine always says "Buy cheap, buy twice!"

Thanks - Shaun

Hi again. I think I have stumbled upon a solution.  I hit the lower right corner, then selected the padlock icon to turn on performance mode.  When the pedal then sends the left/right swipe commands to the tablet, instead of loading the radial menu, the page turns as I expected. So far this seems to do what I need. Others may be interested to hear this.  I know this is not working as the pedal interface is designed to work, but nevertheless it does the job.
I have an AirTurn-PED 5. When first used it worked great. It stopped working following a MobileSheets upgrade installation. I turned it off and on; reset it; still did not turn pages. Bluetooth indicates it is working. There is a statement the pedal is connected and paired. Still it does not turn pages.