• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Add audio from YT Music, Spotify and similar
Hi.
I believe that this issue has been suggested several times earlier, but I would really like to have the possibility to add a Youtube Music or Spotify track as audio track. Since Google Play Music were abandoned by Google, I have been struggling to get audio files downloaded for use in MobileSheets. Especially when I "need" A-B playback I am often resorting to youtube-dl to get the files available locally, so a web player inside of mobile sheets would be a very good addition.
Smart button  to YouTube?
Dell Latitude 13.5" 2-in-1 Ubuntu/Win 11
Samsung Note Pro SM-P900 12.2 Android 5.0.2
Samsung S7+, Android 12
Yes, that is a temporary workaround as I see it. I have yet to find a solution to A-B repeat in the YT music app. Youtube-dl is more usable for now.
My recommendation: Use the fork yt-dlp since youtube-dl hasn't been updated for a long time and yt-dlp has better and more recent adjustments for the YouTube downloads.
(05-02-2022, 05:15 PM)ThoStaKa Wrote: Hi.
I believe that this issue has been suggested several times earlier, but I would really like to have the possibility to add a Youtube Music or Spotify track as audio track. Since Google Play Music were abandoned by Google, I have been struggling to get audio files downloaded for use in MobileSheets. Especially when I "need" A-B playback I am often resorting to youtube-dl to get the files available locally, so a web player inside of mobile sheets would be a very good addition.

Can you add YouTube Music or Spotify Premium support to MobileSheets? It would make A-B playback much easier without needing to download tracks.
It depends on what the APIs will support for those services. There wasn't a way to support Spotify playback on Windows through the API last time I checked, so I'll have to revisit this to see if anything has changed. YouTube Music does not support an official API for external access, so that one can't be supported.

Mike