• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Syncing through OneDrive
I have a quite huge library (8000 files, 11 GB) that MobileSheets handles with absolutely no problem.  Syncing through OneDrive, though, is completely hopeless. I have never managed to upload the full library, it always crashes less than half way.

Today I set MS on Windows to place the library file directly on OneDrive, or a local folder that automatically syncs with OneDrive. 

Would it be possible to make MS on Android to read the library from an "always on device" synced OneDrive folder on the Android device, so the library would automatically sync that way?

EDIT:  It seems like it isn't possible to "find" the offline OneDrive files in the Android file system. But if MobileSheets stores the library directly in a OneDrive folder, why isn't it possible on an Android device to sync from that OneDrive folder to that device? I tried, but it says that there is no library in that folder. Is that because that folder doesn't contain the database file itself?
You would need to enable Settings->Storage->Expose Database, set the storage location to the OneDrive folder and then be careful not to make changes to files in the cloud while you are actively using the app on one of the devices, otherwise the databases on each device would be overwriting each other.

As far as the sync feature itself, yes, a copy of the database file has to be in that directory, and it has to be the database file that MobileSheets created as part of the sync (you can't just copy the database file into that directory, as that's now how the sync feature works). The sync feature is designed to merge libraries together that may not be identical - it's not like the file sync you use with OneDrive, Dropbox, etc that just tries to ensure the files are identical across devices. It does this by comparing database files (the one stored in the cloud vs the one stored on the device). So you would not want to mix trying to use the sync library feature with letting OneDrive automatically synchronize files.

Mike