• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Add Manual to sort list choice for Setlists view
I see that an individual setlist has a sort choice of Manual. I would like to see that for the main Setlists view.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Member Cali Rose & The CC Strummers; Bass Uke, Tenor Uke, Blues Harmonica, Tech Advisor
I have a 200 odd setlists and don't think manual sorting is necessary. In fact, for that many lists, it would be horrific.

Why do I have so many lists ? - I lead a group so, as well as refering to for gigs, I can use list from a year ago as the basis for a practice list (much easier than trying to choose from 24 songs from scratch)

What I do (apologies to those whose seen it before) is use a standard ascending sort.
The format for each setlist name is "<group><venu><yyyy-mm-dd>" e.g. "MUJ St Mary's Church 2024-09-19"
This means that all the "MUJ" group's list will be sorted adjacent to each other and, within those lists, the "St Mary's Church" lists will be adjacent (all in date ascending order).

This naming convention make it easy to see what was last played at a gig and one can use the letter keys to traverse the display.
Note: One can omit the <group> if there is only one.

For new gigs, I prefix the name with 3 or 4 space characters (although 1 is enough).
This causes the setlist to be displayed in the # category near to the top of the page.
After the gig, I use the "three dots/Rename" option (top right of screen) to remove these leading spaces; this removes the list from the # group and "empties" it ready for a future gigs.

Using the # group like this makes it super easy to locate a future set as there are only going to be a small number.

Hope this helps
Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
duplicate post
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
I wasn't asking for only Manully, I would like that as an additional choice. You don't have to use Manual, use what ever choice you currently use. I can make use of Manually.
Member Cali Rose & The CC Strummers; Bass Uke, Tenor Uke, Blues Harmonica, Tech Advisor
The only tricky part about supporting manual sorting with the Setlists tab (or any other tab) is then I need UI changes to support reordering the elements. Drag & drop is not configured for the top level list, and there isn't a UI element to start making elements draggable (as it will be necessary to trigger something to start the reorder). While this sounds trivial/simple to add, it's unfortunately not. Having said that, it's on my list for something to slip into a smaller update when I can. Some other apps support manual sorting for setlists, so I want to support it as well.

Mike