• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Syncronization problems, Java-Exceptions, empty .pdf's
Hi Mike, short update for you:
I've rebuilt the database on my personal Google-Drive account this morning (MEZ).  Rebuilding the database on the band-account in the shared drive did not work/ended with the known error message. 
Afterwards I've copied the new database from my account to the band-account using my Ubuntu-Client.
All these steps were very slow and I'm sure the problem is not my www-provider (Fiber-Austria, 300MBit up/down, super stabile)

Now it works again, but slow. 

Dietmar

PS: Hopefully you'll get NC or Web-DAV integrated  Rolleyes
Hi, I've been experiencing the same problem as Dietmar (with the same identical error message) for the last several months.  If I try repeatedly it eventually works every time but this is getting to be a nuisance.  I'm not technical enough to understand some of the conversation in this thread, but I'd like to get this resolved so I can work more efficiently.

Any advice?

Ezra
If you try to sync using Dropbox or OneDrive, does it work or do you also encounter issues?

Thanks,
Mike
(07-03-2024, 06:03 PM)ezrakatzen Wrote: Hi, I've been experiencing the same problem as Dietmar (with the same identical error message) for the last several months.  If I try repeatedly it eventually works every time but this is getting to be a nuisance.  I'm not technical enough to understand some of the conversation in this thread, but I'd like to get this resolved so I can work more efficiently.

Any advice?

Ezra
I got the same.
Syncing works fine in Dropbox.
Then I turneed to Google Drive. It seems that if a PDF or mp3 is located in a folder, MobileSheets creates the folder and then uploads the files into the folder.
Then I: get the error message that the file could not be synced and the proces halts.
In the Google Drive I see the folder.
When I restart the sync, everything works fine untill the next folder needs to be created.
At first I thought that maybe it was a Google Worokspace thing, so I changed to a personal Google-account. There it worked well untill today I encountered the same problem. I'm on fiber, so speed and continuity don't seem to be the problem.

Question: a while ago I changed the MobileSheets settings (Android) from Create sub folders.... to Don't create subfolders.
The issue seems to be the folders.
Is there a way to get rid of the folders?
VPN is off.

René
No, you can't get rid of the folders as they are there to avoid file conflicts which can occur if a user uses the sync feature but were managing their own files on the device (as there could be files with duplicate names in different folders). I'll see if I can reproduce any issues with this, and I'll review the changes for 3.9.0 to see if I adjusted anything related to this (as there are a lot of bug fixes coming).

Mike
Oke.

I don't get the logic of the folders:
In one library (on Google Drive) there are no folders at all,
In another: some files are in folders, some are not.
This differende might originate in the settings: at least one library was made before I switched to 'no subfolders'.
I switched because you made that the default setting in the app.

All members (except the voice-managers) only have reading rights in the Google Drive.
None of them adds files locally. They just sync down.

Different libraries are situated in different Google Drive folders.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

René
I can't find out when a file is put in the main directory and when a subdirectory is made for it.
Some mp3's and PDF's are in a subdirectory, some are not.

René
It does appear that I misspoke - I used to require folders, but after feedback from users, I changed the logic with the cloud sync so that it will match the tablet. So if no subdirectories are used on the tablet, then no subdirectories are used in the cloud sync folder. This just depends on whether Settings->Storage->Create Subdirectory per Song is enabled. When the library is uploaded, the same logic is used for PDFs, images, etc as for audio files. 

Can you just clear out the contents of the sync folder, make sure "Create Subdirectory per Song" is set the way you want, sync to the folder and verify everything appears as you would expect after? If the library on your device has a mix of folders, you may want to consider creating a backup file, then restoring that same backup file, which will put all of the song files into the correct location (just make sure the "Restore To" dropdown is set to the MobileSheets Storage Location and you have the option enabled to let MobileSheets manage your files).

Mike
Hi Mike,

Thanks, That worked.

René