• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Genres - names starting with special characters
To separate genres that I really plan to use from the plenty of existing genres (without deleting unused genres) I tried to mark the important ones with a * as first character of the name.

Doing that I noticed that genre names starting with a special character are handled inconsistently:
1. On the separator lines of the 'Genres' tab genres starting with * get their own separator, sorted before the separator for the next character, but the one for "*fränkisch" is just * instead of *f. Genres starting with 0 + or ~ are sorted under the # separator.

2. In the drop down selection for filters or in the song editor window all are sorted before A
3. The # button in the selection bar at the right of the drop down list doesn't work at all. I can use the character buttons to jump to the point in the list where the respective character starts, but the # button does not bring me to the very beginning as it should be the case.

4. the selection bar at the right is missing on the Genres tab
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

My previous post refers to the Win10 Versio of MobileSheets, that's why I posted in this forum section.
1. does not occur  on MobileSheets for Android, all special characters that I tested are sorted under the # separator
2. is the same on Win10 and Android - as expected, this is the correct behaviour
3. the # button does not work on both Win10 and Android
4. the Genres tab has a selection bar at the right, just like the Songs, Albums a.o. tabs
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

Thanks for all the information - I'll see if I can get it fixed for the next update if I can easily reproduce it.

Mike
I tested this with version 3.9.0 for Windows (being released tomorrow) and I could not reproduce any of the issues you described in the first post with the unusual sorting order (all of the entries starting with * are put in the # section). I do see the issue with the # not working in the selection dialog though, so I'll get that fixed. As far as issue #4, there's nothing I can do about that - it's a setting in Windows itself that you need to change if you want that. You have to go to Settings->Accessibility->Visual effects and turn on "Always show scrollbars". Then the scrollbar will always be shown for scrollable content.

Thanks,
Mike
It looks like * is being stripped away as punctuation if Settings->Library Settings->Normalize Characters is enabled. I will have to make a specific exception for that character being placed at the beginning of a title.

Mike