• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Large library
I have a very large set of scores, possibly to much for storage on my Samsum tablet. How can I best handle this?
Buy a tablet with more storage space?

Sorry for the snappy answer, but you *do* have to offer more information if you want usable advice.

(which tablet, how big the library. expansion slots, cloud access, willing to spend money and so on).
Keep the file sizes as small as possible while still maintaining good image quality.
I currently have some 2.700 songs in MobileSheets and the total backup file size is a bit under 700 MB.
My envisioned solution to the issue is to convert all scores to abcs and wait for MSP 3.9 to handle those without conversion.

Edit: I've heard raving reviews about PlayScore 2 as a software that allows (two step, via MusicXML) conversion from any jpg/pdf/tif etc to abcs. That copuld help with all the music not available in abc format yet. I myself could not get to run it on Windows, may be trying out the Android version, but their support at the very least is very good.
@Eric Verhulst: I highly recommend NOT to show your eMail address in such an obvious way
@RAc: PlayScore 2 sounds interesting, but: don't expect too much from OMR programs and don't underestimate the effort that is required to correct their output
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de