• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Bug] File sent from Companion to device does not work
Exclamation 
Hi,

just sent PDF 200 files to my device with Mobile Sheets Pro via Companion in a Batch transfer with a couple of hours of editing all the fields. Now I found out, that in Mobile Sheets something is broken, as I cannot open the lately sent files :-(   (while the previously existing files do still work fine).

But the app just says (see screenshot below):

File /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.zubersoft.mobilesheetspro/files/Edvard Grieg - Badnlat Lullaby - SATB/Edvard Grieg - Badnlat Lullaby - SATB.pdf does not exist.
I installed latest Companion, as well as latest Mobile Sheets Pro.

Interestingly, for some other files in a Setlist it says:
Unable to load page 1 for file /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.zubersoft.mobilesheetspro/files/Christnacht/Christnacht_20240926_0001.pdf

Here there is also an OK button. When I tap it, then the next file in the setlist pops up, with the same error.

Not sure if this is an issue, but I changed the Title of each song, so the folder and filename do not match obviously as seen in the error messages?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Device: Oneplus Pad 2
Try Settings | Other Settings | Fix Broken File Paths?

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
(09-27-2024, 04:59 PM)Geoff Bacon Wrote: Try Settings | Other Settings | Fix Broken File Paths?

Geoff

Thx for the idea.

Just tried it, but unfortunately the automatic fix resulted in 0 fixed paths. :-(
When I go to Settings -> Other Settings -> Find missing files... all of the broken files are listed. I just started to manually again find the files and update it by replacing the old by the new copy.

Hereby in the Swap File dialog it says for each existing (broken) file the date 1970-02-01. So it seems to me, that companion had an issue transferring the files correctly to the tablet?
You are most likely running an outdated version of the companion app, as automatic updates are not working below 4.0.4. Please download and install the latest version: https://www.zubersoft.download/MobileShe...panion.exe

If you were using the batch import feature, that was broken with earlier versions (sorry for any headaches that caused).

Mike