• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
“Time before scrolling starts” issue
When using the auto scrolling feature, I am having an issue when starting auto scrolling.  Namely, it waits the “ Time before scrolling starts” (default is 2 seconds) but then immediately begins scrolling instead of the designed operation of waiting for the “pause duration” time before scrolling. 

What makes this especially annoying is that it is random. Sometimes it works correctly and sometimes it doesn’t.  Often it will happen the first time I start the scrolling and then works correctly upon subsequent attempts on the same song. 

I have reported this to Mike but since I don’t know how to make it happen predictably it’s hard to debug. 

I’m just wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue with the auto scrolling feature.  Any validation would be much appreciated.

Vince
I used to use a long pause (150+ seconds) before scrolling; this allowed scrolling to be started before I started playing.

While this worked (after many attempts  to determine the delay), I was always wondering near the bottom of the page whether I had actually started it.

I now put a button near bottom of the page (caption Scroll, action Start/Stop Scrolling).
It is then fairly obvious when it is active.
You could omit the button and just use a touch area to perform the same function but I find that a visibile button reminds me that there are more pages (most of my songs are single page).

What we probably want is MS to capture the delays between scrolling points and then use them in future playbacks. This would simplify it greatly for the user but could be tricky to implement.

Hope this helps
Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
I'm still struggling to investigate this, because I can't seem to reproduce it. If possible, please keep track of your actions leading up to the problem so that I know exactly what steps I have to take to cause the issue to occur. For example:

1) Do I have to load a setlist? Or does the problem happen with individual songs?
2) Does it only happen after switching songs? What I mean is, if you start the app up, load a song and scroll, does it always work for you? Or do you sometimes encounter problems?
3) Does it happen if you load a song and either trigger a touch/pedal action to start scrolling or the scroll icon in the quick action box? Or do you have to activate scrolling in another way?

I know you previously sent me videos (which are no longer available), but I'm not sure if the video covered all these things. 

Thanks,
Mike
Hi Mike,

Thanks for chiming in.  I appreciate your efforts here.  Here are my answers:

1) I have always used it with set lists.  I just tried it now without using the set list and couldn't get it to happen.  However I tried it in the set list and still couldn't get it to happen!
2) Yes it tends to happen when switching to a new song.  One workaround I have that seems to help is to start the scroll and stop it then start it again. Then it tends to not do it.
3) I normally activate the scrolling via a touch on the upper right corner.  But it still happens when I use the lower right quick action box.

So at this point it is not happening!  Not sure why - it was happening this morning.  But when I started it tonight the app was updated.  So maybe it is fixed??  I won't hold my breath but I'll report back in a day or two and let you know if it has happened.  

Thanks again Mike for your great support of this awesome product.

Vince
Thanks Vince. It would be great if the update fixed it.

Mike
Well sadly I have to report it is still doing this after the brief glimmer of hope last night!

However, so far I have yet to see it when I select the song by itself, versus it being in a set list.  I will keep checking this and let you know if I continue to see this or if it eventually happens in this case as well.

This is really a great feature and allows me to account for introductions before the form of the song begins.  I rely on this especially at church where it is difficult to change pages (I play guitar and page turns are truly a pain on guitar compared with piano).   I know I can use a bluetooth pedal but I just don't want another piece of gear to fool with.  The Mobilesheets autoscroll design is a perfect "hands off" solution.  Or mostly hands off - I'm good with the occasional link point for DC al coda and other repeats.  

Vince