• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unexpected deletions (V4.04)
Hi Mike,
I dunno if I'm using it wrong or not, but when I clicked (it might have been a double click - very early this morning and sleep deprived) on a song title in the Companion app (v4.04) it deleted the song from the database.
The first time I wasn't sure what happened so I clicked (double?) another song and it disappeared too.  Exited the app and re-imported the 2 songs on the tablet.

What I was looking for was where I could edit the Custom field as it wasn't showing anywhere - I later found things again and sorted the displayed columns out, but the displayed columns when first launching the app left me confused.  (I'm pleading sleep deprivation here too).

I will confess that I'm not a big user of the Companion app.
You're only paranoid if you're wrong  Cool
I'm using an Onyx Boox Tab X, and play low brass: mainly 'Bone and Tuba
Double-clicking a song definitely would not delete it. Were you double-clicking on the Songs tab, or somewhere else, such as the Setlists tab? Double-clicking on the Songs tab brings up the song editor window for that song. Hitting the delete key on the Songs tab will prompt to delete a song. Double-clicking a song in the left list while viewing the songs of a group will remove that song from the group.

Based on your description, if you saw the song removed from your tablet, then something obviously went wrong, but I need to understand how to reproduce what you did. I'm double-clicking songs right now in the songs list and nothing is being deleted.

Thanks,
Mike
I saw a something similar in collections.
I think a double click removed the song from the collection.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE Android 12
Samsung Note Pro 12.2 LineageOS 14.1
Huawei Media Pad M3 lite Android 7
(Yesterday, 05:10 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: Double-clicking a song definitely would not delete it. Were you double-clicking on the Songs tab, or somewhere else, such as the Setlists tab? Double-clicking on the Songs tab brings up the song editor window for that song. Hitting the delete key on the Songs tab will prompt to delete a song. Double-clicking a song in the left list while viewing the songs of a group will remove that song from the group.

Based on your description, if you saw the song removed from your tablet, then something obviously went wrong, but I need to understand how to reproduce what you did. I'm double-clicking songs right now in the songs list and nothing is being deleted.

Thanks,
Mike

Hi Mike,
thanks for the quick response.
It seems I was actually looking at a collection.  I don't recall opening it in the Companion, but having done some more looking that's what it must have been.

I apologise for the false alarm.
You're only paranoid if you're wrong  Cool
I'm using an Onyx Boox Tab X, and play low brass: mainly 'Bone and Tuba