• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MIDI configuration
Hello,
I am using MobileSheets since few years and this is a great software.
I am using my Behringer foot pedal FCB1010 to turn the pages in MobileSheets and to select functions on my Korg PA5X keyboard.
I am also controling the songbook entries of my PA5X when selecting a sheetmusic in Mobilesheets, and I open also the muscicsheet  by selecting the relevant songbook entry in my PA5X.
That means that the PA5x send messages to Mobilesheets and the other way round.
That worked perfectly on my PA5X until I upgraded my computer (new motherboard, newprocessor and new RAM as well as switching from W10 to W11).
When I have reinstalled MobileSheets I am no more able to control the  selection of a sheetmusic in Mobilesheets through my PA5X. But it work well in the other direction.
I dig this problem since several weeks and didn't found a solution.
My PA5X is well recognize by my FCB1010 and the MIDI signal are correctly routed (I checked using  MIDIVIEW software). My Midi interface (Steinberg UR22) is recognized by Mobilesheets, but I can't se my PA5X in  Mobilesheets despite it is also connected by USB to my PC. I can't remind exactly if it showed in my previous installation but I pretty sure not.
I have attached a skecth of my devices for a better understanding.
Any advice is welcome ;-)

Attached Files
.pdf   MIDI.pdf (Size: 203.8 KB / Downloads: 2)
Thierry
Please bring up the MIDI listen dialog in MobileSheets, and send the message from the PA5X to load the song you want to load. Is it received properly? Does it match what you would expect, and is that how you have currently configured your song? Or do you not receive any messages?

Thanks,
Mike
Thanks Mike,
I tried our recommendation and I have no signal received by Mobilesheet when a songbook entry is selected in the PA5X.
 But as Iwrote in my previous email it works perfectly when I select a musicsheet in mobilesheet as It open the correct songbook entry in the PA5X.
I have attached a copy of my midi configuration in both devices.
Thanks
.pdf   MIDI conf.pdf (Size: 576.71 KB / Downloads: 4)
Thierry
A couple of questions:

1) If you receive on all MIDI channels in MobileSheets, does that change anything?
2) Did you mean to connect to the Microsoft GS Synth? I normally try to hide that entry, but it must not work across languages because it's localized (I was hoping it's name was going to be constant). I don't think that will hurt anything, but I would generally recommend unchecking that entry and not connecting to it. 

Thanks,
Mike
I don't understand the 1st point: According to my understanding, I can only receive the MIDI signal on one entry only (Ch 14 inmy setup).

The Microsoft GS Synth can be actived or not, it doesn't change anything. I tried both.
Thierry
It doesn't hurt anything to receive on all MIDI channels, but I just wanted to have you try it, because at a glance, I don't see any issues with your setup, so I don't know why you aren't receiving messages from the keyboard. Nothing has changed in MobileSheets itself related to MIDI, so I'm not sure what to recommend. You aren't the first user to experience this (https://www.zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/f...10250.html), but some users have no issues at all. In that thread, pawlikp100 said you have to click twice on the item in SongBook in order for the MIDI messages to be sent.

Mike
Hello Mike,
Thanks for your response.
I do have sometime the same probleme of clicking twice on the songbook entry. That's not my problem at the moment .
Yesterday I was happy because I solved my problem by using a MIDI merge device. I plug my OUT and THRU of the PA5X into 2 of the entries  of the MIDI Merge. The OUT of the MIDI Merge being pluged to the IN of my MIDI interface. By miracle it worked !! I could have the song selected  on both PA5X or in Mobilesheets and my pages turned in Mobilesheet. Smile
Today I switch on my PA5X and I cannot turn the pages in Mobilesheet neither selecting a music sheet via my PA5X.  Huh

What I can't understand is that it worked for months when I had Win10.
Thierry