• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roland JD-XA Midi Program Change Problems
Hello All

I have a Computer and Im running a Korg Kronos, a Yamaha Motiff XF and now adding a Roland JD-XA to the mix. I have figured out the program/patch change for the Motiff and The Kronos. But, I am stuck on the Roland. I have the manual but it may as well be in German. haha. If uploaded the patch change info for changing programs or patches in the Motiff as well as the Kronos FYI. (Just search under their names and you will find).

My problem is with the Roland. I can not figure out what steps to take. Sys Ex? or Program change or MFP LMP or something like that?? 

If I can get over this bump, life will be much easier!!

Thank you in advance for any incite. Of course, I am using a computer with a midi router and the Midi edit section the same as the other 2 keyboards. 

Cheers!

Blints
Looking at the MIDI implementation pdf for Roland JD-XA (available here: https://www.roland.com/us/support/by_pro...lang=en-US), I can see that the bank select matches what is sent if you use a "Patch Select" message in MobileSheets. To be clear, a "Patch Select" is not a standard MIDI message, instead it is composed of two control change messages followed by a program change message, and the messages are:

CC 0 MSB
CC 32 LSB
PC Value

This is exactly what the manual calls for. Interestingly enough, it says the internal memory starts with MSB 85, and the LSB 0-1 is internal program, 32-33 is USB. So if you wanted to select the 5th bank in the internal memory, you'd send a "Patch Select" in MobileSheets with values 85, 0 and 5. So just enter 85, 0 and whatever bank you want to switch to on the new MIDI command dialog, and you can tap the test button to try it out.

Let me know if you need more than that, or if this doesn't work for some reason.

Mike
(10-18-2024, 05:43 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: Looking at the MIDI implementation pdf for Roland JD-XA (available here: https://www.roland.com/us/support/by_pro...lang=en-US), I can see that the bank select matches what is sent if you use a "Patch Select" message in MobileSheets. To be clear, a "Patch Select" is not a standard MIDI message, instead it is composed of two control change messages followed by a program change message, and the messages are:

CC 0 MSB
CC 32 LSB
PC Value

This is exactly what the manual calls for. Interestingly enough, it says the internal memory starts with MSB 85, and the LSB 0-1 is internal program, 32-33 is USB. So if you wanted to select the 5th bank in the internal memory, you'd send a "Patch Select" in MobileSheets with values 85, 0 and 5. So just enter 85, 0 and whatever bank you want to switch to on the new MIDI command dialog, and you can tap the test button to try it out.

Let me know if you need more than that, or if this doesn't work for some reason.

Mike

Hey Mike

I have no idea how you do it. I so appreciate that your so on the ball!! Keep up the excellent work. And your answer is so very much appreciated !! I will let you know how it goes! All the Best to you and yours!

Blints