• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Galaxy Note 12.2
I'm really drooling to get this tablet! Has anyone had the opportunity to use MS on the Galaxy Note Pro 12.2?
~got the blues in my shoes~
I mostly hang out here.
I have the Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 with MobileSheets and it's working great. Took me a while to figure out a few things, but I'm very happy with it. (I'm new to the Android world, have been using ForScore on the iPad but this is a way better setup, IMHO).
I'm also thinking to buy the Galaxy Note Pro 12.2'' , its display is really great to read music sheets (compared to a standard 10'').
I actually have the Note 10.1 and would like to buy a bigger one. Note 12.2 or a 13'' tablet like
- Hannspree Hannspad SN14T71 or
- Colorfly CT132 or
- Point of View Graphics Point of View Mobii 1325
These 3 are a little bigger and less expensive, but have less resolution. Since I am only running MobileSheets, they might be okay.
Any experience with Note 12.2 compared to them?
(05-06-2014, 03:54 PM)Harry_M Wrote: - Hannspree Hannspad SN14T71 or
- Colorfly CT132 or
- Point of View Graphics Point of View Mobii 1325

I read the specifications, but in the computer related world, cheaper means less, there is no way to change this math equation: the 3 models that you mention are ok, but not comparable to the Galaxy Note 12.2 nor to the Sony Xperia Z (or Z2). Them are slower (CPU), smaller graphic resolution, shorter battery life. Of course, money is money, and if these three models match your requirements, that's fine saving some money.
I run the Colorfly CT132 model and I'd have no hesitation in recommending it for MS.

Although primarily purchased for MS ( for which it works really well) I've run other things (including streaming broadcast video) and it's just fine for them as well.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
(05-06-2014, 08:29 PM)GraemeJ Wrote: I run the Colorfly CT132 model and I'd have no hesitation in recommending it for MS.

Although primarily purchased for MS ( for which it works really well) I've run other things (including streaming broadcast video) and it's just fine for them as well.

From the spec, the colorfly is the best from all 3 tablets and still at the same price. The only problem is that it is a little bit hard to get here in Germany.
But I will try...
I just got the Galaxy Tab 12.2, which is reportedly the same as the Note except minus the stylus and associated software. The Tab is $100 cheaper, $550 for 32 GB. I actually got the Tab before I realized that there were two models. I'm still not sure how useful the stylus might be, e.g., for entering fingering. If anybody has any experience with this, please advise.

All that aside, the Tab seems to be working great. The display is very nice, and the touchscreen works fine. I had previously tried using an iPad, and found the size just a little too small; but the Tab size is adequate (altho I wouldn't mind having another inch or two; on the display, that is).

Mike
I've just bought the Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 and quickly installed and tested MobileSheets with a couple PDFs, it seems everything working fine. The Note Pro 12.2 is really great having a display which is practically as big as a A4 printed sheet music. Excellent brightness and touch response. I tried just few seconds the stylus which is also precise and sensitive. In the end, very satisfied about the Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 + MobileSheets!
I own the galaxy note 10.1 for over a year now which is great, but a little bit small.
Regarding the stylus: I have used it during the first days and never again after that.
But it all depends on your personal preferences....
(05-11-2014, 01:21 PM)mikepo Wrote: I just got the Galaxy Tab 12.2, ...

The display is very nice, and the touchscreen works fine. I had previously tried using an iPad, and found the size just a little too small; but the Tab size is adequate (altho I wouldn't mind having another inch or two; on the display, that is).

Mike

The iPad aspect ratio is 4:3. Galaxy aspect ratio is 16:10 From what I've seen, a PDF music sheet will completely fill the display area of the iPad. Is this the same for the Galaxy using MS? I've read that a normally scanned A4 PDF does not display correctly in the 16:10 ratio, that is, it does not fill the display area fully. I would appreciate comments on this.
(05-11-2014, 01:21 PM)mikepo Wrote: The iPad aspect ratio is 4:3. Galaxy aspect ratio is 16:10 From what I've seen, a PDF music sheet will completely fill the display area of the iPad. Is this the same for the Galaxy using MS? I've read that a normally scanned A4 PDF does not display correctly in the 16:10 ratio, that is, it does not fill the display area fully. I would appreciate comments on this.

Hi, the Galaxy Note Pro 12.2. is the best tablet ever! I can visualize any kind of music sheet, both scanned or purchased. Please see screenshots examples from my Note Pro just taken, different kind of papers (printed, scanned, original). Forget the iPad Big Grin please and go for an Android fast, large and cool device such as Samsung Note Pro 12.2!! Cool